oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

reckon we must have someone lined up, if were the ones pulling the plug, maybe someone became available, no idea who mind

I think we might spend some money on a striker to challenge britt and Fletch rather than a free to be backup

20 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Honestly using a players past record against them is rather silly to be honest.. I seem to recall both Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy having really poor records in the championship yet have gone on to be brilliant goal scorers for both club and country.

Kane got 9 in the Championship in half a season's worth of games for Millwall when he was 19/20.

Vardy scored 16 goals the year they got promoted. Sanogo has scored the same number of goals as that in the past 3 seasons at Toulouse.

Sanogo has scored 47 goals throughout his entire career, 15 of those in the 4th tier of French football. He's turning 28 this season. What exactly are we supposed to judge him on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Could we go for Zohore? 

Offer was made but rejected . Talks continue but issue is wages covered and loan fee. Player has spoken to Warnock but not visited rockcliffe or anything yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Could we go for Zohore? 

That would be a much better option than Sanogo. If it's true that WBa are negotiating with Wednesday over a loan deal that will see WBA pay the majority of his wages it's a no-brainer really. I'm not a big fan of him personally as he was an absolute donkey in Denmark, but seems to have taken the Championship and style of play to him. Plus we are due another Dane, aren't we🤐

• Like 2

Shot in the dark here, do you think warnock may look at keenan davis from villa especially after bringing in watkins

Honestly, whilst we're all concerned about the numbers, Sanogo is the least of my concerns. This is one I'm pretty happy we've moved on from. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Honestly using a players past record against them is rather silly to be honest.. I seem to recall both Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy having really poor records in the championship yet have gone on to be brilliant goal scorers for both club and country.

Odd statement. What exactly would you judge him on then?  

1 minute ago, BG93 said:

Shot in the dark here, do you think warnock may look at keenan davis from villa especially after bringing in watkins

Good shout that you know

2 minutes ago, BG93 said:

Not a bad shout. I think Preston are keen on him.

Just going on the basis of the style he was looking at big, strong and powerful would compliment both our strikers well

• Like 1