oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

People are missing the point I was making, I don't really care about Sanogo not signing for us but records don't proove a thing and for the people defending kane and vardy.. you miss the season when kane scored 2 in 15 for Leicester and Vardy scored 4 in 26.. Point is some players click in certain enviroments and with certain teams and until a player pulls on the jersey of the club you support you never know what they may or may not achieve. I'm a great believer in giving people a chance to show what they can do.

If you can’t judge a player on the performances across their entire career what can you judge them on?

I was more gutted when Subotic failed his medical ... Actually I'm not gutted at all, as I think this Sanogo dude would be Gestede Mark 2 just worse .. 

What ever happened to Paul Onuachu .. He would be the target man Warnock would make a star .. 

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Maximilian William Kilman 

We could nickname him Kill Bill 😀

better than Mad Max?

1 minute ago, Boro Banker said:

If you can’t judge a player on the performances across their entire career what can you judge them on?

No matter what, football always creates different opinions and mine will be quite different from most because I'm a qualified football scout and my job isn't just to look at how many goals a player scores haha.

6 foot 4 ish strikers for our budget are almost extinct domestically I'm guessing he's scouring the continent myself, you have Weydant/Hofmann in Germany his agent pals lad Ibrahim Sissoko in France and there's a cluster of massive strikers in the Belgian league there are options out there but they're almost all abroad.

Zohore seems set for Wednesday and the only comparable Prem loanee heightwise would be Wickham but he doesn't really throw himself about as a targetman I can't see the answer out there for us domestically. Whatever people think of Sanogo Warnock wanted him for a reason he wanted a massive lump up front with a bit of x factor that's what Zohore gave him at times now he needs to find it somewhere else hopefully he does.

My ideal world I'd love Ademi from Basel he's a massive shithouse with silky tekkers we're probably looking at a level below that though.

8 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

No matter what, football always creates different opinions and mine will be quite different from most because I'm a qualified football scout and my job isn't just to look at how many goals a player scores haha.

They do football scouting qualifications now? Who have you worked for?

Just now, Will said:

They do football scouting qualifications now? Who have you worked for?

Come on now, you really think I could give that sort of information out?

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

6 foot 4 ish strikers for our budget are almost extinct domestically I'm guessing he's scouring the continent myself, you have Weydant/Hofmann in Germany his agent pals lad Ibrahim Sissoko in France and there's a cluster of massive strikers in the Belgian league there are options out there but they're almost all abroad.

Zohore seems set for Wednesday and the only comparable Prem loanee heightwise would be Wickham but he doesn't really throw himself about as a targetman I can't see the answer out there for us domestically. Whatever people think of Sanogo Warnock wanted him for a reason he wanted a massive lump up front with a bit of x factor that's what Zohore gave him at times now he needs to find it somewhere else.

Hofmann would be my pick. Ganvoula at Bochun in the Bundesliga 2 also looks decent for a target man role.

• Like 1

Just now, ElDaftardo said:

I think Will wishes he was a scout and wants to know how to become one. 

1 minute ago, ElDaftardo said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

jason segel wink GIF

2 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Of course you could, you’re an anonymous person on the internet posting through a non-identifying username 😂

Just now, Will said:

Of course you could, you’re an anonymous person on the internet posting through a non-identifying username 😂

That’s his real name Will. Google him. 

• Haha 1