oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Poly said:

Might make it a new years resolution for me to start a course next year still relatively young (25) so why not give it a bash. My dream job really 

I did mine at 29 and personally starting younger allows you to gain so much experience it will pay off with hard work.

45 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

People are missing the point I was making, I don't really care about Sanogo not signing for us but records don't proove a thing and for the people defending kane and vardy.. you miss the season when kane scored 2 in 15 for Leicester and Vardy scored 4 in 26.. Point is some players click in certain enviroments and with certain teams and until a player pulls on the jersey of the club you support you never know what they may or may not achieve. I'm a great believer in giving people a chance to show what they can do.

For the last 6 years Kane has scored 21, 25, 29, 30, 17 and 18 league goals a season.  I don't understand the comparison at all.  In the same period Sanogo has scored 0, 3, 0, 6, 3 and 3 league goals.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Mejias to Dinamo Bucharest is a season long loan wtf, I thought it was a free transfer?

yes just get rid

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

For the last 6 years Kane has scored 21, 25, 29, 30, 17 and 18 league goals a season.  I don't understand the comparison at all.  In the same period Sanogo has scored 0, 3, 0, 6, 3 and 3 league goals.

I'm confused by this point, i'm just saying that Harry Kane struggled and with time given, he's settled into the club and become a great goal scorer. How do you know Sanogo wouldn't sign for Middlesbrough and score goals? unlikely of course but can only judge when he puts on the red and white shirt haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Mejias to Dinamo Bucharest is a season long loan wtf, I thought it was a free transfer?

Ouch that's painful, I thought he was saying goodbye forever the way he made his speech sound.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he?

If they pay his wages during the loan it's basically a season long trial.

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He has a year left on his contract, so I imagine this was the easiest way to get rid and he'll sign permanently when his contract expires next year.

1 minute ago, ElDaftardo said:

I'm confused by this point, i'm just saying that Harry Kane struggled and with time given, he's settled into the club and become a great goal scorer. How do you know Sanogo wouldn't sign for Middlesbrough and score goals? unlikely of course but can only judge when he puts on the red and white shirt haha

he can judge by looking back on the last several seasons hes had settled at one club and been dogshit.

Just now, ElDaftardo said:

I know he won't score goals because his record says he won't.  He has never shown any aptitude for scoring goals on a consistent basis.  The idea that a striker can go ten years without scoring goals, then move to a club and become a consistent goalscorer is nonsense in my view.  Do you have any examples of players who have done that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I know he won't score goals because his record says he won't.  He has never shown any aptitude for scoring goals on a consistent basis.  The idea that a striker can go ten years without scoring goals, then move to a club and become a consistent goalscorer is nonsense in my view.  Do you have any examples of players who have done that?

I'm not going to be drawn into an opinion related argument on who's right or wrong but just for the sake of it.. Aritz Aduriz struggled for years and then became a goalscoring legend with Athletic Bilbao.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Surely then theres no need for scouts.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He has a year left on his contract, so I imagine this was the easiest way to get rid and he'll sign permanently when his contract expires next year.

We may have an option on his contract remember. He may do well for Dinamo and therefore acquire a value in the meantime.

Patrick Roberts would be my No.1 target now Sanogo's fallen through. He's not a striker but would provide us with a different option behind the strikers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Woodrow would be a quality signing as well I think.

Sanogo was practically so out of shape that he couldn't last the full session. It would of took 3months to get him up to speed which wasn't any good since he was only signing a 1year deal with option of 2nd.

Why has all this information come out about his fitness now. Surely if he had been here a while those ITK would have said something before the deal broke down. Just wondering.