Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

Why has all this information come out about his fitness now. Surely if he had been here a while those ITK would have said something before the deal broke down. Just wondering.

Someone else lined up I reckon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met a scout last season.

On the train back from Birmingham away there was a fella opposite me and my mate sat with all sorts of notes, formations, charts etc. He started chatting to us and asking what we thought of the game (if anyone remembers, we were *** atrocious). Anyway, I naturally ask if he's a boro fan. He says no. I ask if he's a Birmingham fan. He says no. At this point I'm thinking he's some journo. He then starts asking what we think of some specific players. First it was Bamford, I said I loved him. Then he asked about Saville - now, I currently think he's decent but at the time I thought he was poor so slagged him off a fair bit. Eventually he mentioned that he left at 75 minutes, at which point it clicked that he must be a scout. Finally managed to pry it out of him that he was a Chelsea scout looking at Jude Bellingham. Said he'd scouted Bamford and Saville back in the day - I felt bad for slagging off Saville so much lol. Obviously he's on the more glamorous end of the scouting spectrum but from that experience it looked like a pretty sound job.

 

EDIT: He said he hated stats. That was why I started writing the post cause thought it was interesting to hear that from a scout. Somehow forgot to mention it...

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Patrick Roberts would be my No.1 target now Sanogo's fallen through. He's not a striker but would provide us with a different option behind the strikers.

Aye, could play as a 10 in a front 2, but with a slightly deeper Free Role. Tav linking the midfield and attack would give Roberts the freedom to float into wider positions on occasion too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Mejias to Dinamo Bucharest is a season long loan wtf, I thought it was a free transfer?

Didn’t the website that linked the transfer say he would become their highest earner? I wonder if we had to do it as a loan because we are paying some of his salary? ( I know we could pay him off, if that is case, but there could be tax issues or the like that affect that option)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, could play as a 10 in a front 2, but with a slightly deeper Free Role. Tav linking the midfield and attack would give Roberts the freedom to float into wider positions on occasion too. 

Do you mean similar to the role Braithwaite played at the start of 18/19 behind Britt? Cause I'd definitely back Roberts there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

We think Morsy will be done and announced today?

I reckon they'll wait till tomorrow.

Good distraction if we lose tonight, more good news if we don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Do you mean similar to the role Braithwaite played at the start of 18/19 behind Britt? Cause I'd definitely back Roberts there.

Actually, aye. Plays to Roberts strengths moreso than it did Braithwaite too, and seemed to get a lot out of Britt too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamond front three of:

Britt - Fletcher
    Roberts

would be absolutely lethal in this division

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Patrick Roberts would be my No.1 target now Sanogo's fallen through. He's not a striker but would provide us with a different option behind the strikers.

We currently only have 2 senior strikers at the club, so even if we could do with Roberts creativity we certainly still need a striker. We can't go until january with only Britt and Fletcher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This'd do... Can rotate those front men as needed. Roberts unlikely to play 46 games, so still plenty of chances for others. Screenshot_20200911-130508__01.thumb.jpg.10f590da6b6dd73ea88f955da0f4caec.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

This'd do... Can rotate those front men as needed. Roberts unlikely to play 46 games, so still plenty of chances for others. Screenshot_20200911-130508__01.thumb.jpg.10f590da6b6dd73ea88f955da0f4caec.jpg

F me, Hoffman can do one. guys i remember watching the cherrys back when he was there and i swear i have never seen a striker as *** poor as him on tv ever. he couldnt trap a bag of cement, his second touch was a tackle, etc etc. absolute garbage. i recall someone at the time even saying they knew he'd fail over here. might have been one of the danes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

F me, Hoffman can do one. guys i remember watching the cherrys back when he was there and i swear i have never seen a striker as *** poor as him on tv ever. he couldnt trap a bag of cement, his second touch was a tackle, etc etc. absolute garbage. i recall someone at the time even saying they knew he'd fail over here. might have been one of the danes.

 

He’s never played for Bournemouth and I doubt anyone knew much about him before he played over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Will said:

He’s never played for Bournemouth and I doubt anyone knew much about him before he played over here.

brentford my apologies. still i seen him and he was ***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...