oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I mean we're lobbing 50 yard forward diagonals every possession I'm not sure Roberts/Woodrow/Walker could trap them on their chest or knock them down unless they've had growth spurts over the summer. 

Hofmann apparently has terrible problems with his weight Dean Smith had to keep him in the gym for 3 months 1 season before he even felt he was ready for the bench considering we need someone ready to go for the whole season that probably plays against him. It's honestly such a problem finding a striker of suitable height/ability without being an absolute lamppost they almost always look 'clumsy' but reality is we need someone up there who can dominate the aerials and hold the ball up whilst not being useless in the goal contribution front it's going to be an important signing in my opinion we have a decent budget let's see who Neil comes up with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leesider said:

Delighted that the Sanogo deal fell through ,Banana Skin Avoided ,Dreadful footballer,

Got to hand it to NW not afraid to tell the lad he is not fit enough to play for "whose that team they call the Boro"

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Diamond front three of:

Britt - Fletcher
    Roberts

would be absolutely lethal in this division

Isn't this more of an upside down pyramid than a diamond? And now that pyramids have been mentioned does anybody want to work downstream of my juice plus empire? 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Isn't this more of an upside down pyramid than a diamond? And now that pyramids have been mentioned does anybody want to work downstream of my juice plus empire? 🤠

😤

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

This'd do... Can rotate those front men as needed. Roberts unlikely to play 46 games, so still plenty of chances for others. Screenshot_20200911-130508__01.thumb.jpg.10f590da6b6dd73ea88f955da0f4caec.jpg

Fletcher > Assombalonga in my opinion.

Other than that it's pretty much my choice too, but I doubt a Premier League defender would come here to be a back-up.  

2 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Fletcher > Assombalonga in my opinion.

Other than that it's pretty much my choice too, but I doubt a Premier League defender would come here to be a back-up.  

He's literally just named Britt captain, he's going to start the majority of games.

11 minutes ago, scott.reid said:

bit quiet this afternoon...........

With tha game tonight I doubt anything will happen today.

1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

This'd do... Can rotate those front men as needed. Roberts unlikely to play 46 games, so still plenty of chances for others. Screenshot_20200911-130508__01.thumb.jpg.10f590da6b6dd73ea88f955da0f4caec.jpg

The only thing I’d worry about with that is if Roberts started dropping deep and we end up with the old isolated striker issue, like when tomlin was our #10. Morsy looks like the kind of player who can dictate a midfield though so would be great to see Roberts, tav and Britt linking up with the wing backs up there aswell. Any kind of long ball play would fail miserably however.

1 minute ago, Poly said:

What’s he doing it for?

It was the ‘line-up’,  edited to just the . 

just woke up, whats the news? sanogo a no go?

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

just woke up, whats the news? sanogo a no go?

if rumours are to believed he followed the Tyson Fury "on a break" training regime 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1