oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Don't know a huge amount about him, but from all I've read he looks like he'll be a decent signing for us. I'd certainly rather be us signing Morsy as a destroyer, than Birmingham signing Clayton now. 

Good work Boro

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Tuesday's fitness tests and training with the players highlighted a number of concerns. 

I heard that after 5 mins he stopped to spark up a tab.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Cant say I really know anything about him but glad we have added to our ranks. Looking forward to seeing him play 

Same here. Central midfield has been a real problem for us. If he can make us a bit more solid and help us control games, that will be a big boost on its own.

Along with Hall it looks like another part of NW's plan to strengthen the spine of the team.

5 hours ago, Boro Banker said:

If you can’t judge a player on the performances across their entire career what can you judge them on?

How tall they are, which is all that Warnock was judging him on really 👎

Get in. A said a few days ago we missed a *** in midfield like Boateng, Ince or Leadbitter and now we have that... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Hell yeah.. 

No Mercy Morsy.. 💪💪💪

Well we have been pretty lightweight as a team. If we've finally got an old-fashioned midfield "hardman" I won't complain..provided he doesn't overstep the line too often and pick up a lot of bookings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I heard that after 5 mins he stopped to spark up a tab.

That reminded me of this, maybe Sanogo was like the Arsenal keeper of '33, at around 1:42

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Quite reasonably priced. Hmm.. 🤔

Might be an interesting thing to look into. Which level did you go for?

If he's comparing Sanogo to Kane then let's assume it wasn't very far 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Good news from the Boro today now cap it off with a win and watch them come running to sign

• Like 2

I wonder if they'll parade him to the away end before kick off...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

How tall they are, which is all that Warnock was judging him on really 👎

If only Peter Crouch wasn't retired, eh? 😉

Change the topic title to (we broke the Morsy code) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean we're lobbing 50 yard forward diagonals every possession I'm not sure Roberts/Woodrow/Walker could trap them on their chest or knock them down unless they've had growth spurts over the summer. 

Hofmann apparently has terrible problems with his weight Dean Smith had to keep him in the gym for 3 months 1 season before he even felt he was ready for the bench considering we need someone ready to go for the whole season that probably plays against him. It's honestly such a problem finding a striker of suitable height/ability without being an absolute lamppost they almost always look 'clumsy' but reality is we need someone up there who can dominate the aerials and hold the ball up whilst not being useless in the goal contribution front it's going to be an important signing in my opinion we have a decent budget let's see who Neil comes up with.

Maybe we should try doing something else then?

Just hope the only advice Mido inevitably gives him is where to live, if Mido starts giving him parmo recommendations we're doomed!

I wonder how low the fee is there's speculation Wigans end we paid 450k with 45k going to Chesterfield as a sell on 😬