oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Change the topic title to (we broke the Morsy code) 

I hope we can expect Inspector Morsy to use his impressive detective skills to figure out how to break down opposition teams.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Good news from the Boro today now cap it off with a win and watch them come running to sign

I'd just reject them all out of spite, even if it harmed our chances 😂

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe we should try doing something else then?

Direct diagonals and crosses in the box has been his way his whole career I don't think he'll change his ways now CT as the saying goes you can't teach a 71 year old shithouse new tricks we just have to hope we get a Glatzel or Zohore rather than be stuck with a Madine come October.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Direct diagonals and crosses in the box has been his way his whole career I don't think he'll change his ways now CT as the saying goes you can't teach a 71 year old shithouse new tricks we just have to hope we get a Glatzel or Zohore rather than be stuck with a Madine come October.

Yeah, which is why he shouldn't be our manager 😒

• Angry 1

Who's next in the door after Morsy? With Sanogo's deal falling through are we likely to push harder for Woodrow? I'd like us to get a left-footed CB as soon as possible too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Just hope the only advice Mido inevitably gives him is where to live, if Mido starts giving him parmo recommendations we're doomed!

I wonder how low the fee is there's speculation Wigans end we paid 450k with 45k going to Chesterfield as a sell on 😬

What a steal if true

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah, which is why he shouldn't be our manager 😒

But who else could we have realistically got in, in time for the start of the season (also bearing our financial limitations in mind)?

Anyone who can make us a decent mid-table team, until such time as Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous, is okay by me.

Old-fashioned can still be effective...if not pretty or hugely successful...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

But who else could we have realistically got in, in time for the start of the season (also bearing our financial limitations in mind)?

Anyone who can make us a decent mid-table team, until such time as Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous, is okay by me.

We could have got lots of people in realistically.  What financial limitations do you think we have that the rest of the football world don't?  Outside of top flight clubs in a handful of countries, and the odd exception with rich owners trying to figure out how to circumvent the stupid FFP rules, everyone is in the same boat. 

Warnock isn't here to make us a decent mid-table team. 

I don't even know how to respond to the Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous bit.

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I agree with this, I'm not expecting miracles this season, but I do expect a better season than last. Warnock will definitely steady the ship, much more so than pulis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Genuinely don't see the issues with diagonals and getting balls into the box

It's crap football would be my main issue 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We could have got lots of people in realistically.  What financial limitations do you think we have that the rest of the football world don't?  Outside of top flight clubs in a handful of countries, and the odd exception with rich owners trying to figure out how to circumvent the stupid FFP rules, everyone is in the same boat. 

Warnock isn't here to make us a decent mid-table team. 

I don't even know how to respond to the Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous bit.

I wasn’t over the moon with Warnock either but I’ve warmed to him. I don’t think I’ll ever be thrilled with that sort of appointment but it is what it is. 

Out of interest, who would you have chosen? 

Just now, Changing Times said:

It's crap football would be my main issue 👍

I'd rather play "crap" football and win ugly than play "good" football and lose to "crap" playing teams. 

• Like 2