Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then ūüėā).

Posted Images

I think the need for options is evident. I don’t think we were particularly poor but the ability to change your approach and unsettle teams in different ways is lacking with what we have now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

a 20 man squad is fine if 17 of them are good enough to start every week, we have 14

theres no evidence for this claim that a 20 man squad would be fine, an average squad size these days is 24-26 players so basically 2 people every position. with a 20 man squad, your only a handful of injuries and suspensions away from being at the bare bones, especially if the injured or suspended players play the same positions. The average number of players injured in squad is between 5-6, so based on the average we'd have 14/15 players to choose from every week. its just far to risky thus why almost no club will start a season with a 20 man squad willingly. look at us last season there was a point where was 8 players out, if that happened now we'd be screwed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But honestly we are never going to achieve anything until we bring in pacy wingers like we have had in Traore and Adomar. Simple as why isn't Gibson not investing properly in this squad like he did with Karanka. We just trying to do it on the cheap and that doesn't work making the fans suffer for his failures in trusting Monk then Pulis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Still need pace, width and creativity.

Same for 3 years now.

We had creativity and width at the back end of last season with Roberts and also recently with Traore so I wouldn't say it's been 3years, but yes I agree we need a lot of pace and directness in our team.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

theres no evidence for this claim that a 20 man squad would be fine, an average squad size these days is 24-26 players so basically 2 people every position. with a 20 man squad, your only a handful of injuries and suspensions away from being at the bare bones, especially if the injured or suspended players play the same positions. The average number of players injured in squad is between 5-6, so based on the average we'd have 14/15 players to choose from every week. its just far to risky thus why almost no club will start a season with a 20 man squad willingly. look at us last season there was a point where was 8 players out, if that happened now we'd be screwed. 

Hypothetically a 20 man squad with 17 players of good quality is good enough

realisticallty you would supplement the 20 players from the academy to make it 24-25 to deal with your scenarios

financially getting in 6 more players to compete with 14 first teamers we have so far, is probably out of our reach.

more likely to get 3

and if we do get lots of injuries, you deal with it the best you can - like always

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

See we missed out on that  Young PSG defender to Forest. Another fish has swam away.

Screenshot_20200911-215851~2.png

If we were in for him for the 5 million euros Forest have paid then we have way more money to spend than we all think!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

If we were in for him for the 5 million euros Forest have paid then we have way more money to spend than we all think!

True Forest have just spent that Matty Cash money to get him. But I feel Gibson is using Financial Fair play to no longer invest in the squad like he use to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t have to be Roberts any wingers with pace a bit of creativity will do! If you were setting up against us the first thing you’d say is, play a high a line and press because you know there’s nothing running in behind you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

Hypothetically a 20 man squad with 17 players of good quality is good enough

realisticallty you would supplement the 20 players from the academy to make it 24-25 to deal with your scenarios

financially getting in 6 more players to compete with 14 first teamers we have so far, is probably out of our reach.

more likely to get 3

and if we do get lots of injuries, you deal with it the best you can - like always

 

 

if you take a 20 man squad and add a few youth teamers to make it a 24-25 man squad, its no longer a 20 man squad, which kind of backs up my point. id be happy if we had 20 experienced or decent players with 4-5 youngsters back it up, but we dont. we have 20 players, 3 of which are keepers, of the 17 outfield players a good 7 are youngsters with little experience (wood, bola, liddle, coulson, spence, walker,djiksteel and even tav). if we had 20 players with those youngsters mentioned backing up id be quite happy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

This we can definitely agree on. A club of our side being stuck in the championship is bad enough, not challenging to get out of it is soul destroying. 

Woodgate had us challenging to get out of it and you complained about him too ūü§Ē

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish We've lost 30¬†goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi¬† This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens¬† 11 days till Fulham... ¬† ¬†
    • What will happen is; Muniz will go to Athletico We will bid for Lazaro We will agree a deal for Lazaro¬† Fulham will bid for lazaro We will buy Smith from Rotherham
    • Get begging Muniz to join us¬†Twitter link
    • He will undoubtedly sign for Fulham and play for one of the most inoffensive clubs in English football in one of the least intimidating grounds in England.¬† He won't have a clue though.¬†
    • Yeah that is what I meant. Fulham never technically beat us to Bryan. They beat Villa to him. We were technically not in running for Bryan as far as player was concerned. His 3rd and final choice.

×
×
  • Create New...