oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

theres one glaring type o player were desperate for and thatsan attaing midfielder or rather a lin player from midfield to the attack. someonethat can dictate things if you like. 

juninho,merson tomlin,souness,are all such playersthat stand out on previous sides that filled this role. its all well crying out for wingers but for every downing theres a hamill. its pretty much a lucy dip how well they will perform and how consistantly. 

morsy may ea important addition as he is capable of controlling the rear and centre part of midfield from wat ive seen of him,but the gaping void is still 15 yards higher upfield .

not convinced tonight with spence and his positional sence. hes extremely raw and we needto strengthen the squad in the role he filled . 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Not sure why we are looking so hard for two strikers as a priority. You could put Harry Kane and lewandowski up front for us and we wouldn’t score. It’s the creativity which is the problem, Britt and fletcher are perfectly good strikers and I reckon many teams in the league would like a front two as good as them!

33 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We had creativity and width at the back end of last season with Roberts and also recently with Traore so I wouldn't say it's been 3years, but yes I agree we need a lot of pace and directness in our team.

I personally think we need more than just one option in the squad. From memory, Roberts and Traore weren't in the same squad.

36 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

True Forest have just spent that Matty Cash money to get him. But I feel Gibson is using Financial Fair play to no longer invest in the squad like he use to. 

Gibson puts in the maximum that the rules allow, hence he wants everyone to play by the rules.

• Like 1
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We have always struggled to sign width and pace, I know they are rare commodities but we don't even get bad ones

last time was when we had caroyal and adomah, i think they score 20 goals between them until caroyal got injured and pretty much finished his career 

• Like 3
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Roberts aside, I can only think of Marvin Johnson as an attempt at purchasing a wide player. It's actually mad

i think Johnson has been at the club long enough for us to know that he dosent really play any position. 

We’ve still got other targets, and I’m hoping that Neil (Bausor) can get one or two over the line in the next few weeks.

Sounds like there's no more watching videos to be done and we just go down the list he handed to Bausor.

I am interested to see the names that come out for the striker targets in the next week he missed out on a guy he's eyed for 3 years in Sanogo, an opportunity signing in Moore and probably priced out of Zohore will be interesting what player crops up.

7 minutes ago, tmcc said:

what happened with Sanogo?  i know it feel through but have the details why come out yet?

He failed the medical due to being several stones overweight apparently 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)