oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Would much sooner we play 4 at the back in general, but it would also leave us a lot less short in numbers defensively just by dint of having an extra defender on the bench and needing one less on the pitch.

We'd 100% need to sign a genuine left back, but I think we could then get away with only signing one new centre back.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would much sooner we play 4 at the back in general, but it would also leave us a lot less short in numbers defensively just by dint of having an extra defender on the bench and needing one less on the pitch.

We'd 100% need to sign a genuine left back, but I think we could then get away with only signing one new centre back.

We had 4 defenders on the bench yesterday; Fry, Wood, Coulson and Bola,  and zero strikers.  Do we need extra defenders on the bench?

4 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

We had 4 defenders on the bench yesterday; Fry, Wood, Coulson and Bola,  and zero strikers.  Do we need extra defenders on the bench?

Coulson and Bola aren't good defenders and both play in the same position.

If Warnock is planning on using McNair as a CB permanently and will actually use Wood then we wouldn't need another, but that's only if we played 4 at the back.

We need strikers regardless of what else we sign.

I do love forums where majority of fans spending week after week (and in some cases several seasons) slagging a player off for not being good enough. Then every weekend we lose and his new team win, mentioning said player/players and sarcastically stating "another great decision by club to release or sell X player".

I assume as season goes that Friend and Clayton are going to be the two who went from not being good enough in many peoples eyes to being what we are now missing.

• Like 1

I'd rather us sign a LB, LCB, LM/LW, RM/RW and a ST but it appears we're set on this formation so it will be LCB, ST, ST and maybe one other creative player. The 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it means we need to sign less players.

Watch the U23’s highlights from yesterday, Isaiah Jones is exactly what we’re missing. Pace, trickery and got himself a goal whilst being a constant threat in behind. Pace is so important in attacking areas of which we have none 

7 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd rather us sign a LB, LCB, LM/LW, RM/RW and a ST but it appears we're set on this formation so it will be LCB, ST, ST and maybe one other creative player. The 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it means we need to sign less players.

Feel like we've lost the midfield battle both games with this 5 at the back formation

Watford had 1 striker and we had 3 CBs, why there was so many gaps in midfield especially first half 

And then on top of that the wingbacks were awful going forward yesterday so we were never going to score 

Why can't we just sign the players we need instead of trying to play 5 at the back for the 3rd season in a row 😞 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why couldn't we of gotten Karanka back as manager he's got Birmingham some structure in their play already. Friend and Clayton playing class too 

Friend yes.. Clayton is quite anonymous 

• Like 1

Just seen Nuhiu has joined APOEL in Cyprus which puts me at ease I love a massive shithouse but I'd like one who could actually get around the pitch and maybe isn't over 30 and 20 stone.

"Yorkshire Live understands the Owls are in dialogue with West Bromwich Albion over a season long-loan for out-of-favour Danish forward Kenneth Zohore. "

Sounds like maybe Zohore isn't as far down the line to Wednesday as first suggested, wonder if Warnock's frustration is he knows he could convince the lad but maybe Bausor/Gibson are refusing to budge on the wages we're willing to cover.

There's definitely a bit of a game going on by Warnock in the press over the past week where he's putting real pressure on Bausor publicly almost saying transfers now are out of his hands he's gave Neil a list and it's down to him to put in the offers before Warnock himself gets involved.

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why couldn't we of gotten Karanka back as manager he's got Birmingham some structure in their play already. Friend and Clayton playing class too 

our structure last night was much improved over last season.

we lacked (quiet) a bit of creativiity, composure and options. but if we get some partnerships going things will improve with the current players as well.

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

I know Clayton wasn't Makelele and now he's not the player he was, but he got totally underrated on this board as well. 

He was as good as anyone in the division for a couple of seasons and that wasn't just for his tackling ability, he could play as well. 

Sorry just can’t agree, your highlights video just proves it. 3 years worth of highlights and it featured 2 whole shots, 1 goal, about four 3 yard passes and surprise surprise some good balls over the top when he had time and space.

Before you tell me ‘it’s not his job to shoot’ go and watch Morsys highlight video.

4 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

That Makes me depressed watching that. Look how we create chances and pass the ball with thought and conviction.  Sure its highlights but you see more in that video than you saw last night. 

this is what people forget about the Karanka era, we did struggle to create against rival promotion chasing teams, but up against teams we ‘should beat’ we put them to the sword 90% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)