oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

But why can't we just get Jacob Murphy and Patrick Robert's on loan's then we actually have a supply line for Britt and Fletcher. We won't be toothless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But why can't we just get Jacob Murphy and Patrick Robert's on loan's then we actually have a supply line for Britt and Fletcher. We won't be toothless

Yes. And revert to a standard 4-4-2. Sell McNair and get a real LB and play Dijksteel at rb. 

• Like 1

Would much sooner we play 4 at the back in general, but it would also leave us a lot less short in numbers defensively just by dint of having an extra defender on the bench and needing one less on the pitch.

We'd 100% need to sign a genuine left back, but I think we could then get away with only signing one new centre back.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would much sooner we play 4 at the back in general, but it would also leave us a lot less short in numbers defensively just by dint of having an extra defender on the bench and needing one less on the pitch.

We'd 100% need to sign a genuine left back, but I think we could then get away with only signing one new centre back.

We had 4 defenders on the bench yesterday; Fry, Wood, Coulson and Bola,  and zero strikers.  Do we need extra defenders on the bench?

4 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

We had 4 defenders on the bench yesterday; Fry, Wood, Coulson and Bola,  and zero strikers.  Do we need extra defenders on the bench?

Coulson and Bola aren't good defenders and both play in the same position.

If Warnock is planning on using McNair as a CB permanently and will actually use Wood then we wouldn't need another, but that's only if we played 4 at the back.

We need strikers regardless of what else we sign.

I do love forums where majority of fans spending week after week (and in some cases several seasons) slagging a player off for not being good enough. Then every weekend we lose and his new team win, mentioning said player/players and sarcastically stating "another great decision by club to release or sell X player".

I assume as season goes that Friend and Clayton are going to be the two who went from not being good enough in many peoples eyes to being what we are now missing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Pace, width and creativity!!!

Unavoidably obvious isn’t it, except to the people that matter 

I'd rather us sign a LB, LCB, LM/LW, RM/RW and a ST but it appears we're set on this formation so it will be LCB, ST, ST and maybe one other creative player. The 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it means we need to sign less players.

Watch the U23’s highlights from yesterday, Isaiah Jones is exactly what we’re missing. Pace, trickery and got himself a goal whilst being a constant threat in behind. Pace is so important in attacking areas of which we have none 

7 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd rather us sign a LB, LCB, LM/LW, RM/RW and a ST but it appears we're set on this formation so it will be LCB, ST, ST and maybe one other creative player. The 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it means we need to sign less players.

Feel like we've lost the midfield battle both games with this 5 at the back formation

Watford had 1 striker and we had 3 CBs, why there was so many gaps in midfield especially first half 

And then on top of that the wingbacks were awful going forward yesterday so we were never going to score 

Why can't we just sign the players we need instead of trying to play 5 at the back for the 3rd season in a row 😞 

Why couldn't we of gotten Karanka back as manager he's got Birmingham some structure in their play already. Friend and Clayton playing class too 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Why couldn't we of gotten Karanka back as manager he's got Birmingham some structure in their play already. Friend and Clayton playing class too 

Friend yes.. Clayton is quite anonymous 

• Like 1

Just seen Nuhiu has joined APOEL in Cyprus which puts me at ease I love a massive shithouse but I'd like one who could actually get around the pitch and maybe isn't over 30 and 20 stone.

"Yorkshire Live understands the Owls are in dialogue with West Bromwich Albion over a season long-loan for out-of-favour Danish forward Kenneth Zohore. "

Sounds like maybe Zohore isn't as far down the line to Wednesday as first suggested, wonder if Warnock's frustration is he knows he could convince the lad but maybe Bausor/Gibson are refusing to budge on the wages we're willing to cover.

There's definitely a bit of a game going on by Warnock in the press over the past week where he's putting real pressure on Bausor publicly almost saying transfers now are out of his hands he's gave Neil a list and it's down to him to put in the offers before Warnock himself gets involved.