oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I’ve just listened to him on bbc tees. He said on there that he will know more after the game tomorrow night 

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

he probably considered it, like we all did, but decided against it as he thought the risks against a team like watford - with a back four of Spence - Dijksteel  - Hall - Johnson - was greater than the  possible benefit

Best not to take a chance when 1-0 down and change something and go for a point. It was like watching the second leg of the playoffs against Villa again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Sorry bud. I read it that way. My mistake. 

No probs Dane. All good 👍

Just now, Borodane said:

Best not to take a chance when 1-0 down and change something and go for a point. It was like watching the second leg of the playoffs against Villa again. 

his choice, not mine. 

• Like 1

I thought we might have wanted a CB, but when Warnock was asked about Morsy he said Howson needed some competition as he had plans for other players playing in different positions. I took that to mean Paddy is going to be a centreback this season. Hall, Fry, Paddy and Woods would be all we need wouldn’t it?

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought we might have wanted a CB, but when Warnock was asked about Morsy he said Howson needed some competition as he had plans for other players playing in different positions. I took that to mean Paddy is going to be a centreback this season. Hall, Fry, Paddy and Woods would be all we need wouldn’t it?

Djiksteel too

15 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I’ve just listened to him on bbc tees. He said on there that he will know more after the game tomorrow night 

You think this means Woodrow?

7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

If we are playing 3 CB’s each game I’d say we need 5/6 who can play there. Although you have missed Dijksteel tbf

3 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

You think this means Woodrow?

It seems that way although it could be a player from another team playing tommorro

• Like 1

Why do people think Cauley Woodrow is the main striker target, when most of the strikers we have been linked with have been much taller and less mobile?

Secondly, if we are after a young, nippy striker on loan from a Premier League team, might it be Eddie Nketiah?  I am not and never have been ITK.

2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Is Zohore any good?

If you're the sort of person who looks at stats [I am] then no, as he has only scored double figures once in a season in his career.

If you're the sort of person who doesn't look at stats, then I have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He could have brought any of them on for anyone on the pitch at the time.  They aren't pub players, we pay them all decent money to be professional footballers, if we aren't willing to use them then we shouldn't be paying them at all.

Spot on, I can't understand why anyone would defend him over this.

• Like 1