oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker inĀ Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then šŸ˜‚).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hey guys, look another CM. I think we've got our FM scouting filters stuck on CM only.

Just what gave you the idea Warnock was gonna use an attacking football plan.Ā  He is here to steady the ship from capsizing Ā like it nearly did under Gibson and Woodgate last season. That does not mean he will be looking at strikers more so defenders and defensive midfielders.

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hey guys, look another CM. I think we've got our FM scouting filters stuck on CM only.

Well we still need backup for Betinelli, right?Ā šŸ˜

I wonder if Warnock's masterplan is to eventually field a team composed entirely of central midfielders? That would certainly be a statement, of sorts...

20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I wonder if Warnock's masterplan is to eventually field a team composed entirely of central midfielders? That would certainly be a statement, of sorts...

I'm beginning to think it's part of the job requirement at Boro.Ā 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It would be a bit easier to accept if we didnā€™t get overrun in the middle of the park so often

• Like 1

Well we got Morsy cheap and if he thinks of McNair as a CB who can cover midfield rather than the other way round so targeting an extra bit of height in the midfield I dare say makes sense?

Yates is a big shithouse who is really good at defending and attacking set pieces, can't pass it very far or tackle though so not sure how credible this is to be honest. The can't pass a ball further than 20 yards probably doesn't count against him but I've seen him shirk tackles for Forest.

For fear of getting thrown out if we are targeting some height in midfield I welcome it even in Karanka's time I thought we lacked height in midfield not just for set pieces but for aerials in the middle of the pitch we do need some height in there our midfield has steel in Morsy but it doesn't have any height addressing that makes sense to me.Ā 

• Sad 1

I rateĀ Tav, and think he has a place in the starting 11. However, heā€™s not a creative/flair player. Heā€™s not the same as a Roberts. I canā€™t fathom how confused I will be if the club yet again refuseĀ to sign any wingers/creative players. Like why?šŸ˜‚ Warnock literally said after the game he had no options to change the game. Well lumping two more strikers on the pitch I doubt is going to work either, as A) it will likely mean just subbing Fletch/Britt off, and B) just mean we continue with the long balls which donā€™t work.Ā 
As nearly every boro fan has said for years, the strikers arenā€™t the problem, itā€™s the supply and creativity behind them. It really is head scratching. Why donā€™t we just sign an actual,Ā competent left back, playĀ Dijksteel Rb, and sign some wingers. We would then not need to sign 2 more strikers, but only one, in turnĀ allowing us to play 433...theĀ formation Warnock literally said he wanted to playšŸ™„. But no,Ā instead letā€™s shoehorn Marvin JohnsonĀ into playing Lwb for the season. God help us.

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

I rateĀ Tav, and think he has a place in the starting 11. However, heā€™s not a creative/flair player. Heā€™s not the same as a Roberts. I canā€™t fathom how confused I will be if the club yet again refuseĀ to sign any wingers/creative players. Like why?šŸ˜‚ Warnock literally said after the game he had no options to change the game. Well lumping two more strikers on the pitch I doubt is going to work either, as A) it will likely mean just subbing Fletch/Britt off, and B) just mean we continue with the long balls which donā€™t work.Ā 
As nearly every boro fan has said for years, the strikers arenā€™t the problem, itā€™s the supply and creativity behind them. It really is head scratching. Why donā€™t we just sign an actual,Ā competent left back, playĀ Dijksteel Rb, and sign some wingers. We would then not need to sign 2 more strikers, but only one, in turnĀ allowing us to play 433...theĀ formation Warnock literally said he wanted to playšŸ™„. But no,Ā instead letā€™s shoehorn Marvin JohnsonĀ into playing Lwb for the season. God help us.

I don't think he'd take them off, I think Warnocks plan B is usually just "put all the strikers on".

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)