oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Not surprising after Warnock admitted he's not interested in signing wingers and has the creativity he needs in Tav. I hope it's just smoke and mirrors from Warnock.

I was told yesterday, we do want Roberts, but only on loan. Would think it would be with a view to a permanent if we went up, but cannot finacially commit to buying a player with his wages now. Think we are prepared to take the risk and wait to see if he's still a Man City player at the end of the window. 

The written media video put up is very interesting he talks about Browne having 2-3 clubs that would take him tomorrow so clearly there's transfer interest in him beyond Oxford, he says this mystery striker we've been working on every day for 3 weeks he thinks this week his club will finally be happy to let him go.

Doing some digging around beyond the European qualifiers midweek and this mystery striker isn't Ibrahim Sissoko he's had surgery and is still undergoing rehab.

Warnock just said signing his number 1 striker target is still hopeful. Been 2-3 weeks now and is hoping to get the deal done.

He stuck a dig in at the Gazette at around 4.40 in the video he says to Dom Shaw just keep your eyes on the forums, you know, where you get your news from!

• Haha 4

Just now, Jamie-H said:

He stuck a dig in at the Gazette at around 4.40 in the video saying to Dom Shaw just keep your eyes on the forums where you get your news from!

ha ha simpsons GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The written media video put up is very interesting he talks about Browne having 2-3 clubs that would take him tomorrow so clearly there's transfer interest in him beyond Oxford, he says this mystery striker we've been working on every day for 3 weeks he thinks this week his club will finally be happy to let him go.

Doing some digging around beyond the European qualifiers midweek and this mystery striker isn't Ibrahim Sissoko he's had surgery and is still undergoing rehab.

i was thinking Tottenham  - as they want a first team striker and could let Parott go, or Arsenal, who are waiting on Ambangeyong (sp) to sign a new contract and Martinez to return to fitness - possibly allowing Eddie Nketya(sp) to leave on loan

doubt Nketya(sp) would be keen to join us though

all wishful thinking

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

i was thinking Tottenham  - as they want a first team striker and could let Parott go, or Arsenal, who are waiting on Ambangeyong (sp) to sign a new contract and Martinez to return to fitness - possibly allowing Eddie Nketya(sp) to leave on loan

all wishful thinking

Parrott's at Millwall for the season 

• Like 1

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Parrott's at Millwall for the season 

booo

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

all wishful thinking

Arteta seems to quite like Nketiah. He comes off the bench quite a lot. Not a chance of us getting him imo. Warnock said it is a permanent too

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Arteta seems to quite like Nketiah. He comes off the bench quite a lot. Not a chance of us getting him imo. Warnock said it is a permanent too

hmm, 

and there's no indication if this is a young player who wants a break or a more experienced player ?

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

It's woodrow has to be, everything points to him, bet he's not involved tonight

didn;t he say his main striker target was from the EPL in a previous interview?

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

hmm, 

and there's no indication if this is a young player who wants a break or a more experienced player ?

I would bet my house on him being 21-23 Warnock isn't signing a teenager, also coming in as a 4th striker they wont be coming off the back of a 30-40 game loan spell last year.

Admiral Muskwe fits the bill in my opinion, Hirst probably a little tall and slow for the role.

We’ve said it all summer but this just goes to show what an absolute mess we’ve made of recruitment lately, with the entire squad needing a massive overhaul. Whatever the formation, Warnock would have wanted to buy a new GK, CB, DM and a forward or two. Switch to 443 and he needs a LB and a couple of wide forwards on top of that. 
I’m worried that Spence isn’t the key player Warnock seems to think he is though and he desperately needs some competition. Going back to what Warnock said at the end of last season, we need 6 or 7 players in (first teamers) and there’s nobody he wouldn’t sell. Just shows what a shambles he inherited. 

I think he’ll surprise us and get a LB in and a couple of exciting pacy forwards on loan. Maybe heart over head that one though. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I would bet my house on him being 21-23 Warnock isn't signing a teenager, also coming in as a 4th striker they wont be coming off the back of a 30-40 game loan spell last year.

Admiral Muskwe fits the bill in my opinion, Hirst probably a little tall and slow for the role.

He's called Admiral Muskwe? Bring him in immediately.

• Haha 2