oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Exactly, gets injured at the start of January every year.

People forget that weird stand off he had with Karanka when the club basically said they couldnt find the issue with his ankle...

Also, outside of his time under Karanka, he was a liability before and after. I'm glad we let him go. 

That happened last year too, I distinctly remember stories coming out that the medical staff couldn't diagnose his injury.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I don't imagine Ayala being one to wilfully try it on. I'm sure he had pains that were genuine. Probably when he retires a doctor will diagnose something that has been missed up to now

Great player for us who has now moved on. I don't begrudge him a nice final contract. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

How can Blackburn afford his wages but we can't?

I don't think it's a question of whether we can afford his wages.

1) We seemingly didn't want to offer him a long-term deal, which given he's got a habit of doing the injury hokey-cokey, I'm not fussed about.

2) More importantly, the lad has apparently made enemies high up here. I'd like to hear Ayala's side of it personally but in terms of the relationship between him and the club, it has broken down and that's that.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think it's a question of whether we can afford his wages.

1) We seemingly didn't want to offer him a long-term deal, which given he's got a habit of doing the injury hokey-cokey, I'm not fussed about.

2) More importantly, the lad has apparently made enemies high up here. I'd like to hear Ayala's side of it personally but in terms of the relationship between him and the club, it has broken down and that's that.

There was a rumour on here that the club were taking legal proceedings against him.

4 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

There was a rumour on here that the club were taking legal proceedings against him.

That was from an article in the Daily Mail which was critical of him and said we were taking legal action over his stance/injury/reluctance to play. 

4 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Yeah, I remember that but then this is the Steve Gibson of today we're talking about, where taking responsibility is seemingly a difficult thing for him to do. I find it difficult to stand on his side with anything without knowing his thought process right now, so I'd like to hear it from Ayala's side too. Unfortunately for us, we probably won't know a lot about it for a while if it does indeed continue. All we really know from their side is what I believe his wife said, which was something along the lines of whilst they can't talk about it, they don't think he's done anything wrong.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, I remember that but then this is the Steve Gibson of today we're talking about, where taking responsibility is seemingly a difficult thing for him to do. I find it difficult to stand on his side with anything without knowing his thought process right now, so I'd like to hear it from Ayala's side too. Unfortunately for us, we probably won't know a lot about it for a while if it does indeed continue. All we really know from their side is what I believe his wife said, which was something along the lines of whilst they can't talk about it, they don't think he's done anything wrong.

I am not taking either side on this, just saying that that was a rumour.

• Like 2

If the likes of Roberts and Murphy are available for fees like 3-4m we should be snapping them up asap. Its nothing for those sorts of players and if they kick on like I think they would (especially Roberts) then god knows what they'd be worth. How much is Benrhama going for after his one good season with Brentford?

Given the holes it looks like we have to fill to play wing backs effectively we may as well switch to Warnocks go too formation of 4-3-3. The way I see it even staying 5-3-2 we'd be needing another striker, another more creative midfielder, a LWB since Warnock obviously doesn't like Coulson for some reason and cover at CB so 4 or so players. Switching to 4-3-3 we wouldn't need the extra striker or CB but instead a couple wingers and a LB.  Hardly a world breaking shake up and we'd likely be looking far more dangerous. 

Bettinelli

Djiksteel Fry Hall Coulson

Howson  Morsy    Tav

Roberts                     Murphy

Britt/Fletch

You are welcome Gibson. Make it happen. 

7 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

If the likes of Roberts and Murphy are available for fees like 3-4m we should be snapping them up asap. Its nothing for those sorts of players and if they kick on like I think they would (especially Roberts) then god knows what they'd be worth. How much is Benrhama going for after his one good season with Brentford?

Given the holes it looks like we have to fill to play wing backs effectively we may as well switch to Warnocks go too formation of 4-3-3. The way I see it even staying 5-3-2 we'd be needing another striker, another more creative midfielder, a LWB since Warnock obviously doesn't like Coulson for some reason and cover at CB so 4 or so players. Switching to 4-3-3 we wouldn't need the extra striker or CB but instead a couple wingers and a LB.  Hardly a world breaking shake up and we'd likely be looking far more dangerous. 

Bettinelli

Djiksteel Fry Hall Coulson

Howson  Morsy    Tav

Roberts                     Murphy

Britt/Fletch

You are welcome Gibson. Make it happen. 

We may be able to afford the fees for Roberts and Murphy but their wages would probably be unsustainable. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Well no interest in Roberts because he said if we sign wingers he'll need to sign 2 new full backs as well and with the budget he has it doesn't make sense to prioritise new fullbacks/wingers.

Personally I think he's absolutely right I'm not thrilled with our wingbacks but this formation has turned Dijksteel into an absolute monster I think the system isn't our problem no need to throw it all out after 1 game.

We have full backs.

The system is rubbish.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We may be able to afford the fees for Roberts and Murphy but their wages would probably be unsustainable. 

I don't think so, If the likes of Sheff Wed and Derby can take on expensive wages no reason we can't. We probably have the smallest wage bill of any of the so called "big championship clubs". Ofc this assuming Gibson wants to show ambition, which is what I doubt more than us being unable to pay some decent wages. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We have full backs.

The system is rubbish.

I think personally we have one decent fullback at the club in Dijksteel none of the other 4 'wingbacks' would I trust in a back 4 I get where Warnock's coming from on that one.

I'm not sure a Warnock 433 would make people any happier at least we know 2 strikers will be playing every week with Tav floating around behind them there's 3 'attacking' players plus the wingbacks. Sheffield United got promoted with some absolute tosh up front Warnock's clearly eyed what they've done and is trying to replicate it here.

Biggest difference between us and Sheff United is the wingbacks ours seem so far off the level of 10 assists and 5 goals each they probably need to put in to me screw Roberts we should get a proper wingback in like Cunningham then get Gunter on a free to cover the right so Dijksteel can stay as a wide CB.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)