oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Really it's Hall and Fry though.  McNair and Dijksteel would struggle in anything other than a three, and even with the three, it's not like we've looked defensively sound with them playing.  Their second goal tonight came straight down Dijksteel's channel (oo-er) and he was somewhere else.  I suspect we might look a bit more solid with a straight back four rather than the three but who knows.  I'm not really a big fan of playing an extra defender if you believe your defenders to be a weak link.  I think it's counter-intuitive to believe that three (or five) bad defenders instead of two (or four) bad defenders will give you a better side overall.  Far better to play a shape they are most comfortable with, which I would have to assume will be a back four.

Would they? They haven't played in a 4 for us. McNair has played in a 4 and been fine.

Personally I'd go 442 or 4231 mind, with Djiksteel at RB. 

Stoj 

Djiksteel

McNair

Hall

Johnson

Spence

Tav

Morsy

Coulson

Britt

Fletcher

Id like to see that if we are intent on not signing wingers.

If we wont be play 4231 like Karanka then its Mike Bassett time. 4 4 fookin 2.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Stoj 

Djiksteel

McNair

Hall

Johnson

Spence

Tav

Morsy

Coulson

Britt

Fry

Fry could do well up front 🤣

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Stoj 

Djiksteel

McNair

Hall

Johnson

Spence

Tav

Morsy

Coulson

Britt

Fletcher

Coulson doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the side in his current form, I'd rather go with a 4231 with Fletcher, Tav and Spence in the 3 behind Britt. Then with Morsy and Saville as the 2

36 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Some completely random speculation now. The directors box was very quiet today but I did spot these 2. Player and agent? Or just some randoms? 🤣

20200915_185509.jpg

Genius signing by Gibbo. He’s only gone and got Sherlock Holmes 🕵️‍ Benedict Cumberbach to help us out of this mess. 
And Prince Harry to add leadership 👍

• Haha 2

In the 352 system the wing backs are absolutely key. Ours simply aren’t good enough. Back to the drawing board. I suspect Warnock won’t be displeased to allow Gibson to clearly see what’s needed. I’ve no idea what we’re trying to do any more. I thought last season was an attempt to survive while we got rid of the expensive players and then reset. Part one done but I can’t see the reset. 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The formation doesnt really matter tbh. 352 can be very effective, so can 442, 4231, 343 and every other formation. Until our intent and ambition changes, well be poor to watch regardless. 

It's pretty clear the young players we are relying on to fill in for a failed recruitment are either not good enough or not ready

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's pretty clear the young players we are relying on to fill in for a failed recruitment are either not good enough or not ready

Well yes thats an issue as well. My point is we can try arranging this group of players in a number of different formations and well get the same end result unless we change our mindset rather than just the starting positions on a pitch. Better players would help too obviously 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)