oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Genius signing by Gibbo. He’s only gone and got Sherlock Holmes 🕵️‍ Benedict Cumberbach to help us out of this mess. 
And Prince Harry to add leadership 👍

It's Josh Widdicombe

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The formation doesnt really matter tbh. 352 can be very effective, so can 442, 4231, 343 and every other formation. Until our intent and ambition changes, well be poor to watch regardless. 

It's pretty clear the young players we are relying on to fill in for a failed recruitment are either not good enough or not ready

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's pretty clear the young players we are relying on to fill in for a failed recruitment are either not good enough or not ready

Well yes thats an issue as well. My point is we can try arranging this group of players in a number of different formations and well get the same end result unless we change our mindset rather than just the starting positions on a pitch. Better players would help too obviously 

16 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Would they? They haven't played in a 4 for us. McNair has played in a 4 and been fine.

Personally I'd go 442 or 4231 mind, with Djiksteel at RB. 

I think they would be yeah just because I don't see either as natural central defenders, that includes McNair although I know he played there earlier in his career.  I don't recall McNair playing in a four and being fine for us tbh, certainly not over any period of time?  It would be odd for a good defender to be moved elsewhere during his career.  Generally that happens when they aren't quite up to it.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think they would be yeah just because I don't see either as natural central defenders, that includes McNair although I know he played there earlier in his career.  I don't recall McNair playing in a four and being fine for us tbh, certainly not over any period of time?  It would be odd for a good defender to be moved elsewhere during his career.  Generally that happens when they aren't quite up to it.

Echo tonight reporting Warnock being 'desperate' for a CB so it seems like we'll get another one in after all hopefully one that has some legs and not the turning circle of a Stobart.

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Echo tonight reporting Warnock being 'desperate' for a CB so it seems like we'll get another one in after all hopefully one that has some legs and not the turning circle of a Stobart.

We can't score goals another CB isn't going to help with this  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Great, another CB. Ffs.

• Like 2

it appears warnock is not an actual football genius hes just a likable senile old *** who has good coaches as mates. 

• Like 1

He really hasn’t helped himself by essentially throwing that game tonight. 

You can make a point to the owner without short-changing the fans. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah they seem to be so off base on the other main bit of transfer news tonight though at least if we believe the 'main permanent target' we apparently hear about tomorrow.

They claim Zohore is a live target for us which doesn't fit with anything else we've heard this week, hopefully they're right on a new CB as a priority because I wouldn't mind seeing McNair back in the midfield myself.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18723289.middlesbrough-will-step-pursuit-new-signings/

Big Jack's rule was you walk on the pitch with a point don't walk off with less, all good sides are built on solid foundations. Our defending is cr*p so we need to improve it, but also take the pressure off it by scoring first would be nice. So bringing in another CB is fine as long as we still address the sharp end as well.

• Like 2

I understand the need for attackers but we only have Hall and Fry as genuine centrebacks. Its as much a priority really.

18 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Maybe we need the CB to replace an outbound asset such as McNair?

16 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that we keep conceding.