oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No mate, not a slight on his quality, it was about the style of play. Read the post I was originally replying to - it was about hoping to get a mobile centre back in rather than a lump.

I think even that is harsh, I think we will see more about what he offers over the next 6 months or so and especially as he gets fitter but he certainly seems less of a big plank like Aden Flint

Personally i think it could be a good signing, i'm willing to give the lad a chance.

Only 24, plenty of scope to improve and gives us another option. Strong, quick. Has attributes that can be worked on anyway.

• Like 1
Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I don’t mean to alarm you but the pound is nowhere near that strong - it’s around £2.75 million 

I don’t mean to alarm you but I’ve just discovered his contract is up at the end of the season too. 🤣

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Bit harsh isn’t it? By form you presumably mean his one appearance this season, played out of position?

I like Spence but there’s a much stronger argument that his form means he doesn’t deserve to be in the team rather than using that argument against Coulson who hasn’t been given a proper chance yet by the current manager. 

No, I mean the 8 games last season under Warnock when he looked completely out of sorts, Johnson was preferred and he remains unfancied by the manager.

I like Coulson but the lad needs to work hard and get back on track, likewise Wing

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

What I will say is at €3m (£2mish?) I cant see us losing money on him at the very least. 

It’s a highlight video but he looks like a better footballer than Britt and Fletcher. Doesn’t seem to score many with his head so maybe play off the front man? 
also happy to go with his left foot as well as right. 
Let’s see what happens, I’m more positive than Ross County or whatever his name was 🤣

1 minute ago, BelgianBoro said:

It’s a highlight video but he looks like a better footballer than Britt and Fletcher. Doesn’t seem to score many with his head so maybe play off the front man? 
Let’s see what happens, I’m more positive than Ross County or whatever his name was 🤣

Wayne County wasn’t it?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BelgianBoro said:

They have about 4 Ross’s but if his name was Ross County that’d be brilliant. 

Haven't seen much of him but there are more positives to this one than some of the other names mentioned- he seems mobile and quick, likes to run with the ball and try to make things happen. He's got a good pedigree coming through with arsenals youths, he's got (limited) championship and continential competition experience, he's a good age. 

He won't fix our problems by any means, but he could turn out to be a good signing. Like others im concerned about the price tag though, definitely thought we'd be bargain binning it for forwards and hopefully spending what cash we had to fill the gaping holes in our first 11 rather than on a position we already have 2 adequate players in.

• Like 1

We’ve no idea on the price other than a headline figure from Greek media, we don’t know wages or anything like that. Let’s give the guy a chance. 
I must be the only one that thinks a big fee and hefty wages on Roberts isn’t the best idea. 

• Like 2
Just now, Skinemrippers said:

We’ve no idea on the price other than a headline figure from Greek media, we don’t know wages or anything like that. Let’s give the guy a chance. 
I must be the only one that thinks a big fee and hefty wages on Roberts isn’t the best idea. 

You’re not mate, I’m no fan of Roberts either. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)