oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Well, it's another body in I suppose. Can't say I'm excited for it as he seems like another one who had potential but it hasn't come to anything. Can't see him scoring more than Brit or Fletcher and I don't really see him coming on and changing a game.

€3million seems like a big chunk of money to spend on this transfer.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's a bit unsettling how bad his stats in England are, but I suppose he's still only 24 coming on 25.

I just think he's a strange choice for Warnock's main target (after losing out on his other main targets), especially when that fee would probably manage to get you a player with better figures.

He played in the championship when he was 18-21, cant really judge him too harshly from that considering most players are in the u23s at that age.

We’re a funny bunch aren’t we? Champions League striker from abroad and everyone moaning about the fee (that we don’t even know what it is yet!). 😂

• Like 4

1. Three million euros is not three million pounds.

2. I'm almost certain the transfer fee could rise to three million euros with add ons etc. Initially around 1.5.

3. When did loads of you start being accountants instead of fans? I want good players here and I dont care about how much it costs 

4. Akpom is a Warnock type striker. Big and strong and direct.

5. We will bring one more striker and a creative player in next. Zohore on loan and possibly Roberts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He played in the championship when he was 18-21, cant really judge him too harshly from that considering most players are in the u23s at that age.

Very true, and I'm fully ready to give this guy a chance if he signs, his PAOK return doesn't seem too bad, but just a bit worried that he played nearly a full season for Hull in the Championship and was apparently rubbish.

He could end up being our only striker going in to next summer if we don't offer Assombalonga and Fletcher new deals.

fair play to Warnock though when he says we'll find out news / make signings on specific days, news is delivered or players are signed.

• Like 1

I’m sure we’ve got more irons in the fire as well and can now move onto other targets and positions. Whenever we buy someone, people just focus on the positions we’ve not filled yet. Warnock was clear what he wanted through the spine of the team and he’s got that now. 

Probably not one to judge purely on goals scored? I'm guessing he's been brought in as someone our hoofed clearances can actually stick to. Pretty integral to a Warnock team. 

He did get a team of hoofers promoted two seasons ago... only a few points off keeping them in the Prem too. 

Does my head in when we're linked with a player and idiots start linking the Wikipedia page and saying he's already signed because somebody's edited his page.

Wikipedia has been around for nearly 20 years, you'd think people would understand how it works by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I for some reason had Akpom down as being a diminutive striker  but he is near 6ft. He does not strike me as a target man but someone who is good with his feet despite his decent size?

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I for some reason had Akpom down as being a diminutive striker  but he is near 6ft. He does not strike me as a target man but someone who is good with his feet despite his decent size?

According to transfermarkt he’s 6ft1 !