oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Were we after him? I’ve heard so many rumours this window, I’m losing track. 

Sorry BW...Just an idiot posting in wrong thread

3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Makes a change from turkey being loaned to us......Trabzonspor getting their turn first 

I like Turkey,wi roast potato's and well boiled sprouts (at least two months boiled) in fact mines on now for Christmas 

So the news reports in Greece say that it is a done deal on Wednesday morning....but why are we going into Friday with no announcement yet?

The more i read about Akpom, the more i think it is a canny signing. From the videos and comments i've seen, he could be the link we are currently missing between our midfield and strikers. Decent pedigree and experience too

When is Woodrow signing 🤷

In all seriousness a player I would love us to take a chance on his ronan Curtis, always looked good whenever I've seen him and thought he was always better than Jamaal Lowe 

7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

So the news reports in Greece say that it is a done deal on Wednesday morning....but why are we going into Friday with no announcement yet?

probably the same reason betinelli took a few days longer after it leaked.. everything is just slower with covid

10 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

He played a game in Thessaloniki on Tuesday night, he'll have arrived in the UK yesterday at the earliest, presuming he was already packed and ready, then he'd have to travel to Rockliffe from whichever airport he landed at, then he'd have to do a medical and all the other rigmarole.

Adding to that, our club's manager has just been diagnosed with coronavirus, it was always going to be an outside bet for his signing being announced today.

All of that is assuming that the deal was as far along as the Greek press made out too.

Jon Grounds picked up by Swindon....always like to see ex-Academy lads still making a living

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I like Turkey,wi roast potato's and well boiled sprouts (at least two months boiled) in fact mines on now for Christmas 

Two month old boiled sprouts, WTF! 

50 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

The more i read about Akpom, the more i think it is a canny signing. From the videos and comments i've seen, he could be the link we are currently missing between our midfield and strikers. Decent pedigree and experience too

The link between our midfield and strikers is the same as humans to Neanderthals which is about a few million years apart. Hope he has long legs and quick.. 

6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Two month old boiled sprouts, WTF! 

Don’t ask about his underpants 🤮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Don’t ask about his underpants 🤮

What underpants.....he was part of 42 Commando.....   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

What underpants.....he was part of 42 Commando.....   

Caked inner thighs, dread the thought..