Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Wasn't he the one who had ideas about football that some considered...unnatural?

Apparently its not a story the Evening Gazette would tell us.

Didn't his fax machine go to the darkside?

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

If Gibson sold up tomorrow, i'd give the Club 3 years before we'd be another Wigan/Bolton

In the current climate I could definitely see that happening.

He may have made a lot of mistakes, but he has stuck with the club  through thick and thin...when other owners might have asset-stripped the club and done a runner, or just let us go into administration (again).

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelgianBoro said:

Mido surely 

They say that even to this day, parmo shops all across Teesside still mourn his leaving.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Didn't his fax machine go to the darkside?

 

 

I think it ended up as an Imperial torture droid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all gone very quiet...

I watched the Brighton game yesterday and I think Dan Burn ticks all the boxes for what we are missing at the back.

- Massive presence (something we are really lacking) in both boxes

- Decent passing 

- From the NE originally

- Brighton have got a ton of defenders

- Left footed

A fairly big drawback would be his pace but then if you have some like Dijksteel in the back three with him, hopefully he could provide him with some cover. 

I personally think we could do a lot worse than him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

It's all gone very quiet...

I watched the Brighton game yesterday and I think Dan Burn ticks all the boxes for what we are missing at the back.

- Massive presence (something we are really lacking) in both boxes

- Decent passing 

- From the NE originally

- Brighton have got a ton of defenders

- Left footed

A fairly big drawback would be his pace but then if you have some like Dijksteel in the back three with him, hopefully he could provide him with some cover. 

I personally think we could do a lot worse than him

He gets his game for Brighton doesn’t he? 
 

Highly doubtful they’d sell, that we could afford him and that he’d want to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's getting game time at Brighton. I don't imagine, he's a realistic target in that sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He's getting game time at Brighton. I don't imagine, he's a realistic target in that sense.

He was a starter last season and still vying for a starting place this year, he would be great but it's not gonna happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is on the fringes, but the point probably still stands.

I guess the main draw for him would be being first choice and to come back to the area...probably is unrealistic though. 

Definitely like Flint but with passing. I think that kind of player is what we need in the middle of the back three. Hall cant do it by himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think he is on the fringes, but the point probably still stands.

I guess the main draw for him would be being first choice and to come back to the area...probably is unrealistic though. 

Definitely like Flint but with passing. I think that kind of player is what we need in the middle of the back three. Hall cant do it by himself. 

Is Bamba left footed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Is Bamba left footed? No just one legged! See we are linked with  a Wimbledon left back ( sorry if posted before)

so are brentford in the same piece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

@boksicdink sounds like Flint if you skip the passing part

He’s not left footed is he? Granted for us you couldn’t really tell, he was equally rubbish with either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's incredibly quiet on transfer news since Chuba.

We must still be working on a few more?

3 or 4 would you reckon?

CB,LB,dare I suggest a creative type player and the 4th striker.

About right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • I've started getting ads that close around the entire border of the phone. So when I go to click on the circle or star to see next unread comments, I accidentally click on it. Some Gillette advert. Though this is the only issue I've had in ages.  
    • The good news is that matches are not decided on current form or there'd be no need for bookies, or anything. That's what we all love about the game its unpredictability...  If we perform we'll gain some sort of result.
    • He's been doing it every game as a bit of reverse psychology. However for this game I think a defeat is probably an accurate prediction.  Swansea are playing well and are very attacking.  We tend to struggle with teams that are fast on the counter attack. 
    • Only way to make them think twice is to start dishing out suspensions for simulation..  thought he'd been hit by a sniper
    • TUESDAY 1ST DECEMBER Cardiff City v Huddersfield Town - D Birmingham City v Barnsley - H AFC Bournemouth v Preston North End - H Derby County v Coventry City - D Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City - A Rotherham United v Brentford - A   WEDNESDAY 2ND DECEMBER Blackburn Rovers v Millwall - D Luton Town v Norwich City - A Middlesbrough v Swansea City - D Nottingham Forest v Watford - A Sheffield Wednesday v Reading - H Wycombe Wanderers v Stoke City - A
×
×
  • Create New...