oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

18 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

It's incredibly quiet on transfer news since Chuba.

We must still be working on a few more?

3 or 4 would you reckon?

CB,LB,dare I suggest a creative type player and the 4th striker.

About right?

With Coulson and Bola in the squad, I'd be surprised if we were looking at an LB. And the fact we haven't signed one as a priority suggests that we were never in the market for a first choice one.

I'd say if we were going to sign any kind of full back/wing back, it would be a right sided one as competition for Spence, but to be honest I don't think we'll do that either.

A centre back, a No.10/winger and a striker to come in, I reckon. Anyone else would be a bonus loan when the PL window closes and players don't make the 25 man squads.

27 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

It's incredibly quiet on transfer news since Chuba.

We must still be working on a few more?

3 or 4 would you reckon?

CB,LB,dare I suggest a creative type player and the 4th striker.

About right?

Aren't we linked with a young LB from Wimbledon? 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

With Coulson and Bola in the squad, I'd be surprised if we were looking at an LB. And the fact we haven't signed one as a priority suggests that we were never in the market for a first choice one.

I think in mid-august we were after one and Warnock said we went after the Celtic lad.

After that didn't work out Johnson signed a new contract and I think that ended our search for a left back. 

I think we will either sign a centre back or a right back. Djik will then play in which ever position we don't sign.

We need a left back more than we need a right back.  In fact we need a left back more than we need a centre back, as we quite clearly don't have an adequate one in the squad, at least as far as Warnock is concerned.  If Johnson can play as badly as he has, and not get hooked, then Warnock's opinion of the other two must be on a par with his opinion of Michel Barnier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think the LB is the priority we can't go the season and have any sort of success with Marvin Johnson our number 1 LB. I feel Dijksteel has really come on along way and he could develop into a top RB with Spence as cover. 

I don’t think any of the coaching staff can have watched Johnson on Saturday and not been alarmed at the level of his crossing and general forward play. I do have faith that they will try to rectify it. Saying that, Spence’s balls into the box weren’t great either. 

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I don’t think any of the coaching staff can have watched Johnson on Saturday and not been alarmed at the level of his crossing and general forward play. I do have faith that they will try to rectify it. Saying that, Spence’s balls into the box weren’t great either. 

Did spence play on Saturday? 😂😅

10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Did spence play on Saturday? 😂😅

oh come on, he wasn't even that bad. I know he hasn't looked as good as when he first burst onto the scene but the stick he gets sometimes is unreal.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

oh come on, he wasn't even that bad. I know he hasn't looked as good as when he first burst onto the scene but the stick he gets sometimes is unreal.

I also think the praise he gets is unreal. 

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

I also think the praise he gets is unreal. 

He's not getting any praise though?!

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

if Fletch and Britt were better at decision making, Spence could have had two  clear 1-1 chances of going onto goal

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's not getting any praise though?!

Everytime i see someone pick an 11 with also putting possible transfers in there he is always starting. Sometimes in an attacking role. Just wondering what people are seeing that i am not 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Everytime i see someone pick an 11 with also putting possible transfers in there he is always starting. Sometimes in an attacking role. Just wondering what people are seeing that i am not 

Because most people seem to realise that we're unlikely to get another RWB in & despite his flaws and his downturn in form, we don't have much better there without starting to square peg players again.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think the praise he gets his unreal... please tell me including the last last 8 games of last season, what he has contributed to the team? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Because most people seem to realise that we're unlikely to get another RWB in & despite his flaws and his downturn in form, we don't have much better there without starting to square peg players again.

Thats fair enough but most people always put new wingers in there team and its pretty obvious we arnt gonna get one of them never mind 2. I just think feel that were gonna be playing wingbacks all season. And id thats the case i domt think the 2 we have are good enough. If we get another centre back id like to see djicksteel play there and 100%beed another LWB

• Like 1