Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Almost as easy as going from right back to right back.

  He never really shone as a RB though, even at Charlton he was raw. Absolutely no problem moving him around again. The RCB role appears to suit his skillset perfectly.

43 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We all know we just need to sign a pacy creative winger who can feed our strikers and create chances so we can score alot more goals.  As to be honest we are a half decent side now who if you put that Ramirez  type player in we would have a chance at promotion. 

 

You make that sound easy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

  He never really shone as a RB though, even at Charlton he was raw. Absolutely no problem moving him around again. The RCB role appears to suit his skillset perfectly.

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

he started as DCM IIRC, Bowyer moved him to RB, think he has only played in that position for one full season beforemoving to us

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he is in the u 23s as both Isiah Jones and Folarin played but with Hayden Coulson having the no 11 shirt maybe they are taking it seriously as Blackwell and Jepson along with Captain Britt were on the side lines

 

Walker and O'Neill both scored

 

I havn't seen a team sheet but Zach Hemmings was in goal.   The defence looked like Dodds,  Wood,  Sykes and Bola.

 

The midfield had Jones,  Folarin,  Liddell, Malley and Wing as well as Coulson  and as well as the two scorers Burrell got a run out

 

The experience might be a bit limited but the enthusiasm will be overflowing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

All I said was he was raw at Charlton, which is true. I would imagine we bought him for a combination of factors, age and potential would have been big ones. 

Dijksteel has been my MOTM in both league games (although Paddy tied with him in the Bournemouth one) and was one of the only people against Barnsley to come out with any credit I felt. We (yet again) clearly are seeing different things when we watch him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All I said was he was raw at Charlton, which is true. I would imagine we bought him for a combination of factors, age and potential would have been big ones. 

Dijksteel has been my MOTM in both league games (although Paddy tied with him in the Bournemouth one) and was one of the only people against Barnsley to come out with any credit I felt. We (yet again) clearly are seeing different things when we watch him.

No, I thought he did ok against Watford and Bournemouth.  I wouldn't have given him MOTM in either game but he definitely did ok in both 👍

To be fair, you said he didn't shine at Charlton, which lead to me asking the question of why we bought him as you'd assume that watching someone not playing well wouldn't be an ideal selling point.  It's not as if he has huge experience before Charlton.

Also, at least I can tell the difference between him and Spence 😝 #BLM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

CT I completely agree with you and said as much but you are not going to win this argument. 

Dijksteel has had 2 okay performances at CB likewise McNair has but they will get found out against the likes of Deeney, Pukki and Moore. 

I am sick to death of seeing our team trying square pegs in round holes and completely unbalancing the rest of the team.

Fry CB and Dijksteel at RB - Its really not hard to see.

He can't whinge at having not a good enough squad whilst playing players out of their natural position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

CT I completely agree with you and said as much but you are not going to win this argument. 

Dijksteel has had 2 okay performances at CB likewise McNair has but they will get found out against the likes of Deeney, Pukki and Moore. 

I am sick to death of seeing our team trying square pegs in round holes and completely unbalancing the rest of the team.

Fry CB and Dijksteel at RB - Its really not hard to see.

He can't whinge at having not a good enough squad whilst playing players out of their natural position.

Well there's always a first time for everything I suppose but I'm currently undefeated in arguing, and while Brunners is one of the nicest fellas you could meet, he's a bit of a lightweight really.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Well there's always a first time for everything I suppose but I'm currently undefeated in arguing, and while Brunners is one of the nicest fellas you could meet, he's a bit of a lightweight really.

He's nice until you mention that Spence isnt good enough and Dijksteel and McNair shouldn't be long term CB's you mean?!?! 😅😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Harry Kewell has put David Wheater on the naughty step and sent him to play with the under 23s

He might be available very cheap

Any interest ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I notice Harry Kewell has put David Wheater on the naughty step and sent him to play with the under 23s

He might be available very cheap

Any interest ?

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Rocket said:

We've been trying to sign a pacy creative winger since 2009....

You’re forgetting we bought, then sold, the best winger in the world at the moment.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's nice until you mention that Spence isnt good enough and Dijksteel and McNair shouldn't be long term CB's you mean?!?! 😅😅

🙄 Spence hasn't played enough football to know if he's good enough really. He's clearly got something about him, but I'm not going to sit here and say he's played particularly well, he hasn't. I just personally don't think we should be writing him off yet. He needs competition though, at the minute he basically knows he's in the team and that will be probably having an effect too I would imagine. 

As for Dijksteel & McNair. Again, Dijksteel hasn't played near enough for me to judge how he'll do against the "better" strikers but I love the qualities he possesses in the role so want to try him out & McNair has played as a CB plenty of times throughout his career - in fact I believe one of the reasons he moved away from Man U was because they thought he was a CB and he thought he was a CM, was it not? At the very least, he played CB 18 times for Man U in the PL. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

No, I thought he did ok against Watford and Bournemouth.  I wouldn't have given him MOTM in either game but he definitely did ok in both 👍

To be fair, you said he didn't shine at Charlton, which lead to me asking the question of why we bought him as you'd assume that watching someone not playing well wouldn't be an ideal selling point.  It's not as if he has huge experience before Charlton.

Also, at least I can tell the difference between him and Spence 😝 #BLM

See there we go, that's just how we see the game differently. I thought he was the best player on the pitch in both games. 

And sorry with the didn't shine bit; that is miscommunication on my part, what I meant by that was he didn't really shine playing RB here but I know he was considered raw back at Charlton. I don't remember if he had shone playing RB at Charlton, honestly and I don't have the energy to go look it up.

Guilty on the Spence/Dijksteel mishap though; I just saw a number 2 and assumed, which of course is wrong of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

You’re forgetting we bought, then sold, the best winger in the world at the moment.

Is this sarcasm? 

Whilst i accept Adama has come on leaps and bounds at Wolves he has never at any point been the best winger in the world. And until he performs at the highest level fairly regularly neither will he be.

Performing for Wolverhampton in PL and Europa League does not make you the best in world. There are wingers out there doing it on biggest stage in world football which Adama as of yet has not graced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...