oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Djiksteel has done well so far this season, I’d actually be interested to see how he plays at DM. 

He certainly has the athleticism to do well there, providing he’s comfortable with playing the role 

I think he could be interesting playing centrally in front of a back four, breaking up play, dropping back when required and useful at defending set pieces. At least Warnock will have some idea of how to play to his strengths and get the best out of him for the benefit of the team whatever tactics he employs.

We saw on Saturday McNair looking classy at CB and then gave us the advantage of pushing him further up when we were chasing for the equaliser. To be able to have that luxury without making substitutions can be a massive benefit. In that regard, Howson, Dijksteel and McNair could all be invaluable this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Adomah is available.

That time has passed i think. Never seems to work out second time over

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

That time has passed i think. Never seems to work out second time over

I agree but it's never stopped us before.

Billic confirms Zohore did not make squad last night for Carabao cup game due to "footballing reasons". This despite him seemingly naming an entire squad of players who he deemed need minutes.

I accept with Akpom we might not be in for Zohore but would not totally rule him out

31 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I agree but it's never stopped us before.

AA is still only 32...not exactly past it (though maybe I wouldn't play him every game).

He's still arguably better than anyone in our current squad.

If he could agree terms, I'd be happy to have him back for a season or two.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Billic confirms Zohore did not make squad last night for Carabao cup game due to "footballing reasons". This despite him seemingly naming an entire squad of players who he deemed need minutes.

I accept with Akpom we might not be in for Zohore but would not totally rule him out

I think the Zohore boat has sailed for us, unfortunately as I think he'd be a good addition. We are looking at a loan for a 4th sriker who's parent club are happy for him coming off the bench rather than starting. Don't be expecting a big name.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I think the Zohore boat has sailed for us, unfortunately as I think he'd be a good addition. We are looking at a loan for a 4th sriker who's parent club are happy for him coming off the bench rather than starting. Don't be expecting a big name.

I would guess Keinan Davis wouldn't fit that bill as Villa already have him coming off the bench for them, if they let him go out then they probably want him playing pretty much every week.

• Like 1

I sense it will be a Nmecha type. Someone we barely heard of.

• Sad 1

I would look at Joe Hardy from Liverpool. Only made 1 appearance and a handful of games for Man City and Liverpool  development teams. Has scored in those games and the most telling stat is 40 goals in 80 games for Brentford reserves. The lad obviously knows where the goal is - could be worth a punt on loan as opposed to a non scoring journeyman. Can play wide right also

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I sense it will be a Nmecha type. Someone we barely heard of.

100%. Youngster from a PL team with no realistic prospect of game time this season. Which tbh is fine for a 4th striker.

Hopefully loans start moving a bit faster once PL squads are settled and they know who is surplus to requirements.

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

100%. Youngster from a PL team with no realistic prospect of game time this season. Which tbh is fine for a 4th striker.

if that's the case why not use Ste Walker in that role?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

if that's the case why not use Ste Walker in that role?

Attitude and temperement it has been said. They obviously dont think he is ready for it.