oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Boro 86 said:

Especially when that Mogga fella is showing us what we could have had ......oh I forgot !

Mowbray did a great job for us with little money to spend, but towards the end of his reign we were definitely heading for League 1. Our form in his last year at the club was awful 

• Like 1

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

Every time I saw QPR play last season, Osayi Samuel looked more dangerous than Eze to me. Real good player. 

Qpr want £5m for Samuel, I wish we had those funds at the minute 

2 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Qpr want £5m for Samuel, I wish we had those funds at the minute 

Reminds me so much of Carayol. Full of pace, direct and always looking for a shot.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Reminds me so much of Carayol. Full of pace, direct and always looking for a shot.

Yeah I agree there, our team is crying out for some pace and flair 

7 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Yeah I agree there, our team is crying out for some pace and flair 

There should be no reason why we cant unearth such players as QPR, Brenford and a number of others do.

2 hours ago, TheJew said:

Still needing width, creativity and a little pace.

And repeat.

We looked a team transformed when Tav went on the right.. but that wasn't how we set-up from the start so it has to be intentional.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Marcus Maddison posted the below on Instagram today. We know Warnock likes a gamble with the likes of Taraabt and El Hadj Diouf. He could be just the person Marcus needs in his life to turn it around and be our outlet.

marcusmaddison11 27 today 🥳 but can’t mask the fact that this year has been the worst of my life. No goals achieved, my best friend died 🐕😭, love life non existent ☠️ & now Jobless 🤷🏼‍♂️. So happy birthday To myself & knowing next year can’t be any worse surely 🤔🤨 #mm11 #birthday #inspire #life#job #dad #dog

If Maddison is as low as he says he is (which I believe he is), I think if we gave him a chance he would repay us. The red lion would roar within his chest.

Sign him up, club 00 agents who read this site. It's an obvious one.

38 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Way better than Carayol. He was a headless chicken. 

12 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Pretty sure there's transfers in it to be fair

There is, as long as you are happy to sift through pages and pages of navel gazing.

36 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

There is, as long as you are happy to sift through pages and pages of navel gazing.

In theory having a transfer thread is inherently "Navel gazing". We are obsessively contemplating a single issue (transfers) with disregard of a wider view. In fact the pages upon pages of other "wider" discussions are the exact opposite of "Navel gazing". 😉

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Say what you want about woodgate but I’ll give him credit for at least trying to fill our problem positions. He at least wanted us set up the right way, make him DoF if gibbo wants him around so badly haha.