oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Boro 86 said:

Especially when that Mogga fella is showing us what we could have had ......oh I forgot !

Mowbray did a great job for us with little money to spend, but towards the end of his reign we were definitely heading for League 1. Our form in his last year at the club was awful 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

Every time I saw QPR play last season, Osayi Samuel looked more dangerous than Eze to me. Real good player. 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Reminds me so much of Carayol. Full of pace, direct and always looking for a shot.

Yeah I agree there, our team is crying out for some pace and flair 

9 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Marcus Maddison posted the below on Instagram today. We know Warnock likes a gamble with the likes of Taraabt and El Hadj Diouf. He could be just the person Marcus needs in his life to turn it around and be our outlet.

marcusmaddison11 27 today 🥳 but can’t mask the fact that this year has been the worst of my life. No goals achieved, my best friend died 🐕😭, love life non existent ☠️ & now Jobless 🤷🏼‍♂️. So happy birthday To myself & knowing next year can’t be any worse surely 🤔🤨 #mm11 #birthday #inspire #life#job #dad #dog

If Maddison is as low as he says he is (which I believe he is), I think if we gave him a chance he would repay us. The red lion would roar within his chest.

Sign him up, club 00 agents who read this site. It's an obvious one.

36 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

There is, as long as you are happy to sift through pages and pages of navel gazing.

In theory having a transfer thread is inherently "Navel gazing". We are obsessively contemplating a single issue (transfers) with disregard of a wider view. In fact the pages upon pages of other "wider" discussions are the exact opposite of "Navel gazing". 😉

Edited by DanFromDownSouth