oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Didn’t bamford say in a tv interview that his agent told him Leeds were interested and he told his agent to get it done? 

Everything that came out at the time was carefully worked out to make Plus, Bamford, and Boro all look like they got what they wanted. In reality, only one of them did. And it wasn't Paddy.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Everything that came out at the time was carefully worked out to make Plus, Bamford, and Boro all look like they got what they wanted. In reality, only one of them did. And it wasn't Paddy.

To be fair I’ve just read this from May this year  sounds like it was Boros doing

"It was actually quite strange," Bamford admitted in a Q&A video streamed on Leeds' Twitter page. "I thought I was staying at Middlesbrough. I originally knew that [Nottingham] Forest had put a bid in, as Aitor [Karanka] was there and he used to manage me at Middlesbrough.

Middlesbrough put a stupid figure on it and I think it was double what Leeds actually ended up paying, so there was clearly something going on there.

"That was when the first offer came in but it didn't really change anything for me as it was just two clubs talking. Then I heard about Leeds being interested; I remember my agent telling me that Leeds were interested and that obviously pricked my ears out.

"But then I was playing in a friendly against Sunderland, at Boro, and it actually got cancelled halfway through. I was supposed to start and Tony Pulis [Middlesbrough manager at the time] came over to me and said 'let's have a chat. I am taking you out of the starting team and you know why, don't you?'I said: 'no.' He then told me that Leeds had put a bid in and it had been accepted.

"I was like: 'really'. He was really good about it, to be fair. A lot of people have bad stories about Tony Pulis but I cannot speak highly enough about him, as he was honest, told me they had accepted a bid and thanked me for my time and everything.

"That was pretty much it. Once he had said it was the club's decision, that was it.

"After that, my head was only focused on Leeds. Obviously there was final details and stuff that needed to be sorted, but that was pretty much the whole story."

Hello. Is there any substantive links to this Adrian Green lad or just talk on here? Thank you.

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hello. Is there any substantive links to this Adrian Green lad or just talk on here? Thank you.

I gave this answer to the same question 5 posts ago😋: No. Just a comment that he was apparently heading north for talks. 

Lot of places north of Birmingham...Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Barnsley, Rotherham,...even Stoke and Lincoln...what is north to us is totally different to what is north to him....won't believe it until the photographs appear

I reckon by now he must be on the Edinburgh bypass heading over the Road Bridge to Perth/Dundee/Aberdeen, mind you could be Forfar, Montrose or even Brechin who knows? 

Within a 4 year period of being manager at WBA and Boro, Pulis brought in around £89 million in player sales. Thats a staggering number when you consider the relative size of the clubs.

56 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Lot of places north of Birmingham...Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Barnsley, Rotherham,...even Stoke and Lincoln...what is north to us is totally different to what is north to him....won't believe it until the photographs appear

Don’t forget Watford 

31 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Within a 4 year period of being manager at WBA and Boro, Pulis brought in around £89 million in player sales. Thats a staggering number when you consider the relative size of the clubs.

How much did he spend in that period? And did he leave both clubs in a better or worse position? 

Pulis has done so much damage to this club we had Jack Harrison who is doing it in the premiership he had Bamford who is doing it yet he couldn't get a tune out of them. He flogged Bamford off for Flint and Saville even brought Hugill in 🤣. The guy was an utter clown done as much damage as Strachan did.  

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

He litteraly came into the club and sold all our talent replacing it with garbage. Then he jumped ship left all the rebuild to Woody. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

How much did he spend in that period? And did he leave both clubs in a better or worse position? 

£18.36m at Boro (Profit of  £32.64m)

£113.4m at WBA (Loss of  £75.41m)

Worse on both counts.

5 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

£18.36m at Boro (Profit of  £32.64m)

£113.4m at WBA (Loss of  £75.41m)

Worse on both counts.

WBA fans warned us about him, he genuinely did destroy us. Our squad has never been so imbalanced

• Like 1