oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

I can name quite a few but the glaringly obvious one is playing and developing Traore. Step out of that mist of hatred and bias, open your eyes and give a balanced opinion.

"Mist of hatred and bias"

smoke mr. herbert garrison GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzzyPorter said:

I can name quite a few but the glaringly obvious one is playing and developing Traore. Step out of that mist of hatred and bias, open your eyes and give a balanced opinion.

I certainly don't hate him, quite the opposite as a bloke I actually think he comes across really well and you can't fault his ability to build a team that's hard to beat.

It's a simple fact that he left the club in a mess though

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I can't believe people are trying to justify us selling Bamford. It was a ridiculous decision at the time, and appears even more so now. 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out a single decision that Pulis made in his time at the club that has benefited the club in the long term. The signing of McNair is probably the only one that might qualify.

How has him developing Traore benefited us in the long term?

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Everytime he does well for Wolves we get mentioned! 😉 "Ex Middlesbrough player".

This time next week we will be entering the final 90mins of transfer deadline day. Hopefully our hierarchy won't be sat in a pub....

Pulis got the best out of Traore, yup. What are the others you've got? I can't think of anything else. He took a lot of our money being the highest paid manager in our history and undoubtedly one of the highest in the Championship at the time, took credit for selling players but spent pretty much the same amount without actually improving us. He got us to the play offs once and we defended our way through both legs, with only a single free kick of note across 180 minutes. The season after, he had us finishing 2 positions lower and claimed that achievement was bigger. That's just some of the reasons against him, let's have you balance it out. With... Traore?

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Everytime he does well for Wolves we get mentioned! 😉 "Ex Middlesbrough player".

Pulis with his long term thinking raising the profile of "Brand" Middlesbrough FC.

Clever GIF by memecandy

Just now, TheJew said:

Anybody signing Saville and Flint for the money they did needs questioning.

Was the Saville and flint signings all down to pulis?

3 minutes ago, ABH said:

If Pulis could create the perfect footballer that footballer would be Aden Flint.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Pulis could create the perfect footballer that footballer would be Aden Flint.

The same Aden flint that we tried to sign in the summer before under monk?

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

Well pulis took credit for taking control of everything and that he was helping improve the club from top to bottom. Youd assume, as manager, that would include transfers. Also, Saville and flint are the all graft and physical qualities over footballing ability type players that pulis has bought for his entire career. You can't seriously think he didn't want us to sign them?

• Like 1

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Well pulis took credit for taking control of everything and that he was helping improve the club from top to bottom. Youd assume, as manager, that would include transfers. Also, Saville and flint are the all graft and physical qualities over footballing ability type players that pulis has bought for his entire career. You can't seriously think he didn't want us to sign them?

They are also the type of player our amazing recruitment Department like to sign too

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

They are also the type of player our amazing recruitment Department like to sign too

Yes but when you combine that with the fact that pulis systematically removed the flair players from the side while replacing them with the players that he did and ignoring the likes of Harrison and van la parra, you can see why people wouldn't be overly impressed.

Gibson said pulis did a good job. So maybe he was just reducing our wage bill like he was asked to do. 

my point is we were a badly run club long before pulis came in. People need to stop using pulis as an excuse to give Gibson and co a free ride 

Edited by ABH
  • Like 2