oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Didn't realise but Ake is only 25. Feels like he has been around for ages!

I am a lot older than that and I feel as if I have been around for eons!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

If we're looking at players from relegated sides I'd love us to pick up Leonardo Lopes from Hull. The type of midfielder we've been crying out for for years and still only very young. We know the Hull owner is a *** and will sell anyone at the first sniff of money so I think it's fairly realistic too.

Not the biggest fan of buying players from relegated teams unless they are absolute stand out, teams are down there for a reason. Same as we will probably find it hard to shift some of our dead wood. 

32 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Not the biggest fan of buying players from relegated teams unless they are absolute stand out, teams are down there for a reason. Same as we will probably find it hard to shift some of our dead wood. 

Lopes is by no means dead wood, he signed this season and according to their fans has been their best player outside of Bowen who left in January.

42 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

One good player doesn't make a team. 

Conversely, one bad team doesn't necessarily mean bad players.

• Like 1

dont get the hate directed towards this windass signing,  7 goals in his previous 24 games, over a full season with that goal to game ratio he'd have been top scorer at this club and hes not even a striker. Also with sheff wed after him they've clearly seen something in him. additionally, i assume with the financial situation at wigan, we're likely to get a good price him.
A final point i would add is who do we realistically think we can get whos better? a 10-15 goal a season winger in championship is gonna cost you well over 6-7 million easily, and i think thats a probably an underestimate. I think we have to accept that long gone are the days of throwing 7-8 million at players and that discount signings are probably what were looking at this window. 

• Like 1

All the Wigan fans don't want Windass, say he's got a bad attitude as well 

Isn't that exactly what we're saying to get the players we want have to massively overpay in England so why do we never get linked with anyone abroad anymore if we're skint?

Kieran Sadlier is avialable on free. centre mid with 11 goals 6 assists in 33 games this season for doncaster . might be worth a punt, only 25 and had 48 goal in 163 games overall which are striker stats.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

That's a bit of generalisation though, teams don't get relegated because their entire squad aren't good enough. That Hull side were a top half side for half of the season but they lost too many important players

re the brondby debate, genuine question. is it actually a place and if not which town or city is it situated?

one player ive been impressed with having watched the play offs is guehy a good prospect CD  currently on loan at swansea from chelsea and they have a track record of following up a young players loans to the same level. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)