oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Warnock confirms he no longer looking for a 4th striker but more a no.10 in the Patrick Roberts mould.

Also enquired about a unnamed centre back on loan.

Asked about 3 or 4 players and is hopeful of adding 1 or 2 before 16th Oct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank God the penny has finally dropped. Now looking for creativity instead of a 4th striker to lump the ball up to 👍🏼

Chris WIllock could be the guy from abroad? is curently at Benfica, but interesting QPR, Derby and a number of other clubs

Surprised and delighted by that! A left back and suddenly were in good shape to play 433.

Can that wolves lad play either side anyone know?

Really hope that's true. Seems like a pretty good source. I guess maybe this is who Warnock was hoping to have for this game but might not be in by the deadline to include him in the squad.

Trying to work out what formation we might go with if this is the case if were wedded to the 5 at the back. I assume akpom, britt and roberts are must starts, along with tav. Its extremely difficult to fit those 4 players into a 532 and ensure the midfield gets enough protection. I think were going to switch formations.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Agreed. I might be making this up but I swear one of the reasons he left burnley was he missed the South. He's not likely to come all the way up here anyway if that's true. Plus he'll have better opportunities than us.
    • Im convinced Warnock will be given first dibs but not convinced he will want another season here. So who next?... at the end of the day one man and one man only will get a say and a casting vote but chances are,given his track record , thats not going to make things better. for me its a lottery and a game of chance. As with picking a striker to net you lots of goals you just have to hope you happen across the perfect fit. im happpy to appoint a totally unknown and hope for that outcome .  Bruce Rioch is a prime example , no one had any clue about his abilities as a manager but he did a marvellous job on a shoestring. but then look what happened at ARSENAL for the same guy ...and look what happpened immediately after with an unknown french manager. i knew nothing about john neal and lennie lawrence prior to them getting the job here but they both worked out well. sometimes it just falls nicely in place.  as a footnote is anyone noticing the perfect storm forming on the horizon with AK seemingly 2 or 3 losses away from becoming available.  
    • Today's the day the 13 game winning run starts 🙂
    • No chance of Eddie Howe.
    • I really don't want another of the merry-go-round-managers. Unearthing a 'Graham Potter' would be ideal.