oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Tbd Howson Sav and Morsy all offer that industry you maybe need in our formation so they will be interchangeable.

I think Tav n Roberts will be rotated too. Roberts is a bit more twinkle toed so to speak and can unlock a tight defence and win free kicks. I hope.

If he goes to a 4-3-3 and puts tav in the midfield we will quickly see him back to his best. No attacking responsibility but bursting forward when given the chance ūüĎćūüŹľ

Absolutely buzzing with the Roberts news. Glad I didn't change my picture!

The boro are going up.

didn't warnock play 4-2-3-1 a couple of times last season, with spence, roberts and tav as the 3 behind?

he might do that with roberts, tav & akpom or fletch?

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

didn't warnock play 4-2-3-1 a couple of times last season, with spence, roberts and tav as the 3 behind?

Didn't he play Johnson at left-back in those games and wasn't he awful?

5 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Yeah and I thought tav looked so good for a couple of games on the left. Replace spence with akpom and id say thats a half decent forward line (with the right intent)

19 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

Yeah but he hasn't been anything better than meh at LWB either so hopefully the foreign lad he mentioned is a replacement

Bettinelli

Dijksteel

Fry

Hall

??

McNair

Morsy

Roberts

Akpom

Tav

Britt

That's not a bad team and there's plenty of depth with Spence, Coulson, Johnson, Saville, Howson, Wing, Browne, Fletcher for back up.  We'd still need a CB though.

• Like 1

Brilliant news about Roberts if it comes off. Gives Warnock options for how to set up the team so he's not wedded to wing-backs every game and gives us a bit of excitement going forward.

Think he'll really be able to push on with a full season of football and hopefully the likes of Tav and the 3 strikers can take some pressure off him. Only downside of having him last season was we became massively predictable going forward so defences quickly cottoned onto what we'd be doing. 

Posted (edited)

I'm happy with Roberts coming back but he really needs to learn when to release the *** ball. Too many times he tried taking on one man too many or running into blind alleys.

That said he does have the ability to change a game and he is a pain in the *** for defenders, perhaps with Britt being captain he might get shouted at to pass the ball a bit more ūüôā

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

In what game has Johnson played for Warnock and not been awful?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

In what game has Johnson played for Warnock and not been awful?

There are some who believe he has been less awful at LWB.  But at LB he was directly responsible for at least 2 goals conceded, but my memory is awful so there could be way more.

When Johnson and Dijksteel get forward McNair can drop back in to make a 3. 

2DC9DEDC-53AA-42AE-BC90-252EA5506F6F.jpeg