oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Not sure he is what we need. Does not release the ball early enough, shooting is poor, bit of a dicky dancer. We certainly need something but whether its him we shall see.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 2

5 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Not sure he is what we need. Does not release the ball early enough, shooting is poor, bit of a dicky dancer. We certainly need something but whether its him we shall see.

As you say, we do need something different. We are fishing in a small pond and he is probably the best available with what we can afford. If fit he can be a 10 or wide player so can give options for formations. We do need players in. 

21 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

Can Roberts play tomorrow?

If he was signed and registered before noon today then yes he could.

Good news to log on and read. We’re crying out for pace and creativity. 

Is it actually official or just a journalist speculating?! Seems to have happened quickly after Warnock’s press conference yesterday. I’d love to know who this player from abroad is as well, I guess we’ve given him and his club a clear deadline for a decision now. 

Could we keep the current formation and play morsy, Tav and Roberts in the middle? McNair can help from the back. We’d probably get overrun though. But I can’t see us playing with just one striker after paying good money for Akpom and according to transfermarkt he’s only played a handful of games on the wing. I suppose we could find a LB and go 4-3-1-2. That would be best for me. Roberts behind Britt and Akpom with Tav, McNair and Morsy in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Is it actually official or just a journalist speculating?! Seems to have happened quickly after Warnock’s press conference yesterday. I’d love to know who this player from abroad is as well, I guess we’ve given him and his club a clear deadline for a decision now. 

Seems more concrete than just speculation 

• Like 1

Just been watching our u21's game against Leeds, its interesting that our u21 side plays how we would hope our first team would. Lots of pace on the wings and full backs, with really good link up in midfield. The finishing hasnt been great but they look very effective on the break with Isiah Jones and Romarn Burrell

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Just been watching our u21's game against Leeds, its interesting that our u21 side plays how we would hope our first team would. Lots of pace on the wings and full backs, with really good link up in midfield. The finishing hasnt been great but they look very effective on the break with Isiah Jones and Romarn Burrell

Im watching it. Jones look dangerous going forward. Plenty of pace but i dont think ive seen him pass a ball to our player. Seems to struggle making a six yard pass 

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Im watching it. Jones look dangerous going forward. Plenty of pace but i dont think ive seen him pass a ball to our player. Seems to struggle making a six yard pass 

Also our defence look really solid 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

Aye I reckon we need more Pulis style plodders with absolutely zero flair.