oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

17 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Aye I reckon we need more Pulis style plodders with absolutely zero flair.

There’s still time! 

2 hours ago, SA Red said:

I thought Roberts looked great when he first arrived, but when he came back after his injury with the team struggling, he looked like the only one likely to create, but was maybe trying a little too hard.

Coming back in now, without the pressure of an end of season relegation battle, I think we might just see him at his best.

You could be correct here because the last thing we want to see is a creative player who becomes far too selfish and blows away any advantage gained with some of his mazy runs. Thankfully we will have players who can keep up with him and offer support and options.

Am pleased about the news and hope to see the very best from PR

1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

Not sure he is what we need. Does not release the ball early enough, shooting is poor, bit of a dicky dancer. We certainly need something but whether its him we shall see.

Understand what you are thinking but for me I am sure he is what we need as long as he becomes a team player essentially.

Yes we will see wasted chances from him, it is his nature but the only goal he scored for us came about becuase he could do nothing else but shoot, if we get more first time and earlier shots when he has created space then we could see a really good asset to the team

Roberts does hold the ball too long yes but that’s one of the reasons he is available to a club in our position. With his quick footwork and technique if he made the right decisions everytime he’d be starting in the premiership.

Just this once can we not expect absolute perfection from a player? Personally I’d much rather watch Roberts running at defenders than one of our current ‘forwards’ stopping at the sight of a full back and knocking it back to midfield.

Roberts is likely the best we can hope for, better than most of us imagined as most thought we’d never get him back. He will make things happen more often than not and is 100% an improvement to our team.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Getting in Roberts and Buur on loans would go a long way for me I'd like a LB/LWB after that but who knows maybe that's Warnock's plan. The overseas permanent thing we tried/still trying is interesting would that have been an option ahead of Roberts?

I think in glimpses Roberts showed incredible quality he could be the difference maker that puts us in the playoffs come May.

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Roberts does hold the ball too long yes but that’s one of the reasons he is available to a club in our position. With his quick footwork and technique if he made the right decisions everytime he’d be starting in the premiership.

Just this once can we not expect absolute perfection from a player? Personally I’d much rather watch Roberts running at defenders than one of our current ‘forwards’ stopping at the sight of a full back and knocking it back to midfield.

Roberts is likely the best we can hope for, better than most of us imagined as most thought we’d never get him back. He will make things happen more often than not and is 100% an improvement to our team.

Can agree with this. Besides, if the lad has a good run of games in a team aiming to do something other than just survive, we might see something a bit more clinical developing over time.

Either way, what he can do when running at players is something we don't have and given how we seem to struggle to recruit anyone like this, just let him do his thing and hope for the best. Beggars can't be choosers and all that.

• Like 1

We’ve been after Roberts since the end of last season, but had to bide our time and hope no one else came in for him. Warnock wants him in over the international break so he’s ready to go in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

We’ve been after Roberts since the end of last season, but had to bide our time and hope no one else came in for him. Warnock wants him in over the international break so he’s ready to go in a couple of weeks time.

Anything on this Randell Williams? 

Not sure how realistic it would be as I haven’t followed his progress but Vinagre is for sale by wolves. Potential left back?

No, not aware of anything else. Roberts was always one of our top targets though, hopefully it comes off! Guessing it must be close though now that its being reported.

10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Not sure how realistic it would be as I haven’t followed his progress but Vinagre is for sale by wolves. Potential left back?

He’s gone to Greece I think. 

Adomah leaves forest by mutual consent 1year in to his 3yr deal.

Rumour is he off to QPR which be a nice ending for him given its club he supported growing up. Think he born and bred from that part of capital.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Adomah leaves forest by mutual consent 1year in to his 3yr deal.

Rumour is he off to QPR which be a nice ending for him given its club he supported growing up. Think he born and bred from that part of capital.

Doesn't change much, but he was only there on a 2 year deal.