oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Roberts does hold the ball too long yes but that’s one of the reasons he is available to a club in our position. With his quick footwork and technique if he made the right decisions everytime he’d be starting in the premiership.

Just this once can we not expect absolute perfection from a player? Personally I’d much rather watch Roberts running at defenders than one of our current ‘forwards’ stopping at the sight of a full back and knocking it back to midfield.

Roberts is likely the best we can hope for, better than most of us imagined as most thought we’d never get him back. He will make things happen more often than not and is 100% an improvement to our team.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Getting in Roberts and Buur on loans would go a long way for me I'd like a LB/LWB after that but who knows maybe that's Warnock's plan. The overseas permanent thing we tried/still trying is interesting would that have been an option ahead of Roberts?

I think in glimpses Roberts showed incredible quality he could be the difference maker that puts us in the playoffs come May.

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Roberts does hold the ball too long yes but that’s one of the reasons he is available to a club in our position. With his quick footwork and technique if he made the right decisions everytime he’d be starting in the premiership.

Just this once can we not expect absolute perfection from a player? Personally I’d much rather watch Roberts running at defenders than one of our current ‘forwards’ stopping at the sight of a full back and knocking it back to midfield.

Roberts is likely the best we can hope for, better than most of us imagined as most thought we’d never get him back. He will make things happen more often than not and is 100% an improvement to our team.

Can agree with this. Besides, if the lad has a good run of games in a team aiming to do something other than just survive, we might see something a bit more clinical developing over time.

Either way, what he can do when running at players is something we don't have and given how we seem to struggle to recruit anyone like this, just let him do his thing and hope for the best. Beggars can't be choosers and all that.

• Like 1

We’ve been after Roberts since the end of last season, but had to bide our time and hope no one else came in for him. Warnock wants him in over the international break so he’s ready to go in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

We’ve been after Roberts since the end of last season, but had to bide our time and hope no one else came in for him. Warnock wants him in over the international break so he’s ready to go in a couple of weeks time.

Anything on this Randell Williams? 

10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Not sure how realistic it would be as I haven’t followed his progress but Vinagre is for sale by wolves. Potential left back?

He’s gone to Greece I think. 

Adomah leaves forest by mutual consent 1year in to his 3yr deal.

Rumour is he off to QPR which be a nice ending for him given its club he supported growing up. Think he born and bred from that part of capital.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Adomah leaves forest by mutual consent 1year in to his 3yr deal.

Rumour is he off to QPR which be a nice ending for him given its club he supported growing up. Think he born and bred from that part of capital.

Doesn't change much, but he was only there on a 2 year deal.

51 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Not sure how realistic it would be as I haven’t followed his progress but Vinagre is for sale by wolves. Potential left back?

Wolves are unlikely to lose Ruben Vinagre to FC Porto this window, with reports claiming the Liga NOS champions are unlikely to be able to afford the full-back.

Portuguese outlet Record claims the 21-year-old should prove too expensive for Porto, with Wolves officials apparently seeing him as a big asset.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Wolves are unlikely to lose Ruben Vinagre to FC Porto this window, with reports claiming the Liga NOS champions are unlikely to be able to afford the full-back.

Portuguese outlet Record claims the 21-year-old should prove too expensive for Porto, with Wolves officials apparently seeing him as a big asset.

Vinagre’s move has had its chips?