oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Josh Cullen (West Ham), who a few (including myself) had mentioned on here, looks like he is off to Anderlecht for around a Million.
Godfrey to Everton is a good deal for both clubs too.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I don't think we will be comfortably top half with the current squad. I don't think that's mental at all. As you say we are not blessed with real talent at wing backs, we have very little creativity and pace hence we are very predictable. Top that off with a threadbare squad that's only a few injuries away from fielding acadmy lads with not real experience. To think we will be pushing for play offs with this squad is metal😄

If that's metal, then I am Iron Man 

animation domination fox GIF

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If that's metal, then I am Iron Man 

animation domination fox GIF

I think Boro are probably more D-A-D than Black Sabbath (Sleeping the Game Away sometimes).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I never knew we had him. We usually get it right when releasing youngster but he one we got wrong i guess... 

Could have been his decision. He was only with us a year - when he was 13. Came from York City, lived in York and went back to City. Homesick/didn’t like traveling/wanted back with old mates? Difficult age and maybe he and his family took decision. 
anyway good luck to lad. It’s certainly ended well for him.

8 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Could have been his decision. He was only with us a year - when he was 13. Came from York City, lived in York and went back to City. Homesick/didn’t like traveling/wanted back with old mates? Difficult age and maybe he and his family took decision. 

Very hard to tell with a 12/13 year old too, given how people develop differently

8 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Got released by us and Leeds. 

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

York get 10% of the Godfrey fee so a nice deal for them 

£3.5m mill they got. That is huge for York. Club saving stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I don't think we will be comfortably top half with the current squad. I don't think that's mental at all. As you say we are not blessed with real talent at wing backs, we have very little creativity and pace hence we are very predictable. Top that off with a threadbare squad that's only a few injuries away from fielding acadmy lads with not real experience. To think we will be pushing for play offs with this squad is metal😄

still been the better side in majority of games with all those flaws with playing the academy lads and only lost one of the first 4 and are comfortably midtable right now. So pretty mental to suggest we would become worse than we are. even though we will only get better anyway once the current players adapt to the new system and all. you becoming way to negative these days lad.

to add to that, no pace? britt akpom tav spence coulson dijksteel johnson fletcher are not exactly slow are they. we are not a slow team. we have one or two slow players who are cb's that it. the rest are quite quick or average, like sav/howson.

Edited by Dynamo Kev

38 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think Boro are probably more D-A-D than Black Sabbath (Sleeping the Game Away sometimes).

I thought I was the only person who remembered D-A-D, apart from the band themselves! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

still been the better side in majority of games with all those flaws with playing the academy lads and only lost one of the first 4 and are comfortably midtable right now. So pretty mental to suggest we would become worse than we are. even though we will only get better anyway once the current players adapt to the new system and all. you becoming way to negative these days lad.

to add to that, no pace? britt akpom tav spence coulson dijksteel johnson fletcher are not exactly slow are they. we are not a slow team. we have one or two slow players who are cb's that it. the rest are quite quick or average, like sav/howson.

We definitely have more pace and energy in the squad these days and even in the past our issue wasnt necessarily all about the lack of pace of the players but more the lack of intent to break quickly, I think a lack of pace in our current squad is definitely overplayed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

£3.5m mill they got. That is huge for York. Club saving stuff

Great stuff. Probably years worth of running costs. 

• Like 1