oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I never knew we had him. We usually get it right when releasing youngster but he one we got wrong i guess... 

Could have been his decision. He was only with us a year - when he was 13. Came from York City, lived in York and went back to City. Homesick/didn’t like traveling/wanted back with old mates? Difficult age and maybe he and his family took decision. 
anyway good luck to lad. It’s certainly ended well for him.

8 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Could have been his decision. He was only with us a year - when he was 13. Came from York City, lived in York and went back to City. Homesick/didn’t like traveling/wanted back with old mates? Difficult age and maybe he and his family took decision. 

Very hard to tell with a 12/13 year old too, given how people develop differently

8 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Got released by us and Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I don't think we will be comfortably top half with the current squad. I don't think that's mental at all. As you say we are not blessed with real talent at wing backs, we have very little creativity and pace hence we are very predictable. Top that off with a threadbare squad that's only a few injuries away from fielding acadmy lads with not real experience. To think we will be pushing for play offs with this squad is metal😄

still been the better side in majority of games with all those flaws with playing the academy lads and only lost one of the first 4 and are comfortably midtable right now. So pretty mental to suggest we would become worse than we are. even though we will only get better anyway once the current players adapt to the new system and all. you becoming way to negative these days lad.

to add to that, no pace? britt akpom tav spence coulson dijksteel johnson fletcher are not exactly slow are they. we are not a slow team. we have one or two slow players who are cb's that it. the rest are quite quick or average, like sav/howson.

Edited by Dynamo Kev
38 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think Boro are probably more D-A-D than Black Sabbath (Sleeping the Game Away sometimes).

I thought I was the only person who remembered D-A-D, apart from the band themselves! 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

still been the better side in majority of games with all those flaws with playing the academy lads and only lost one of the first 4 and are comfortably midtable right now. So pretty mental to suggest we would become worse than we are. even though we will only get better anyway once the current players adapt to the new system and all. you becoming way to negative these days lad.

to add to that, no pace? britt akpom tav spence coulson dijksteel johnson fletcher are not exactly slow are they. we are not a slow team. we have one or two slow players who are cb's that it. the rest are quite quick or average, like sav/howson.

We definitely have more pace and energy in the squad these days and even in the past our issue wasnt necessarily all about the lack of pace of the players but more the lack of intent to break quickly, I think a lack of pace in our current squad is definitely overplayed

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I thought I was the only person who remembered D-A-D, apart from the band themselves! 

They are still active 

Help Your Selfish is a really good album

Might be up your alley 👍🤘

• Thanks 1

From twitter:

Anton Toloui @SkyAnton
#WWFC, as many PL clubs are, looking to trim the squad on #DeadlineDay.
Ruben Vinagre expected to complete his loan to Olympiakos, the deal also includes a £22.5m option to buy.
Oskar Buur is expected to join FC Volendam on loan.
No offers as of yet for Bennett & Miranda.