oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I thought I was the only person who remembered D-A-D, apart from the band themselves! 

They are still active 

Help Your Selfish is a really good album

Might be up your alley 👍🤘

• Thanks 1

From twitter:

Anton Toloui @SkyAnton
#WWFC, as many PL clubs are, looking to trim the squad on #DeadlineDay.
Ruben Vinagre expected to complete his loan to Olympiakos, the deal also includes a £22.5m option to buy.
Oskar Buur is expected to join FC Volendam on loan.
No offers as of yet for Bennett & Miranda.

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Would be nice to bring in one more permanent deal and then Roberts and another on loan.

Would've thought there'll be very little done outside the Premier League. Everyone's skint. 

13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Everyone has been skint for years really, hopefully this pandemic can lead us away from the boom and bust strategy of championship sides and actually ensure we have clubs who are self sustaining

Somebody should let Derby and Forest know that

17 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Everyone has been skint for years really, hopefully this pandemic can lead us away from the boom and bust strategy of championship sides and actually ensure we have clubs who are self sustaining

Whilst there's so much money to be made in the PL, the temptation to gamble to get there will always exist. 

3 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Whilst there's so much money to be made in the PL, the temptation to gamble to get there will always exist. 

thats why there should be a robust FFP which actively stops this practice, there should also be clear guidance on contracts and clauses if they do get relegated as opposed to hefty parachute payments

I still think we can go 343 with Roberts/tav fighting for that position. Play howson as a more deeper sitting rwb to provide the cover.

Akpom on the left but drifting in centrally with a more attack minded lwb to provide the width down that side.

32 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

thats why there should be a robust FFP which actively stops this practice, there should also be clear guidance on contracts and clauses if they do get relegated as opposed to hefty parachute payments

In my opinion this just creates another problem rather than solving the one mentioned in the previous post. If the efl crack down on the boom or bust tactics of the championship, the clubs going up will be far less prepared to take on the big guns in the premier league and 9 times out of 10 will come straight back down again. Add to that the contract clauses scenario and they become far less attractive to play for for new signings as their wages could get cut massively in 12 months time. How do they then compete with established sides?

Any reform has to come from the top down, not the other way around. And while the TV money exists as it does for premier league sides, nothing is changing any time soon.

• Like 1