Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

And Reading... signing loads of players on big contracts. Surely in trouble if they don't go up this year.

Carabao money behind them I think, right? They splashed big on Puskas/Joao last year they've reigned it in this summer with a 2 million net spend on Ejaria I'm not an FFP expert but can't imagine they'll be in too much trouble they just let Gunter and a couple of big earners leave as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I still think we can go 343 with Roberts/tav fighting for that position. Play howson as a more deeper sitting rwb to provide the cover.

Akpom on the left but drifting in centrally with a more attack minded lwb to provide the width down that side.

we already have a left winger being played there mate lol. tbh if you play that formation you dont need really attack minded players wide, you just need really good engines who can cross well to play there. like robertson and taa at liverpool. the amount of assists they get from excellent crosses is unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Poly said:


?? 

@"KM" used to be our resident bushman down at Rockliffe. Unfortunately in recent summers he's grown lax in his duties and has got "a real job" or something.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we already have a left winger being played there mate lol. tbh if you play that formation you dont need really attack minded players wide, you just need really good engines who can cross well to play there. like robertson and taa at liverpool. the amount of assists they get from excellent crosses is unreal.

Well Yeah I know who we’ve been playing at lwb.... And I was simply meaning our attacking width down the left would have to come from the lwb as I’d have akpom coming in central, where as on the right it would be provided by the right forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tobermory said:

If Tav is playing RWB I can't see him being benched for Roberts, who is certainly not going to play there.

He shouldn't be playing RWB though.  He's completely wasted there and had no real impact on the game against Barnsley from that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He shouldn't be playing RWB though.  He's completely wasted there and had no real impact on the game against Barnsley from that position.

Didn't he play a big part in both of our goals 🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Carabao money behind them I think, right? They splashed big on Puskas/Joao last year they've reigned it in this summer with a 2 million net spend on Ejaria I'm not an FFP expert but can't imagine they'll be in too much trouble they just let Gunter and a couple of big earners leave as well.

Reading also sold their ground to themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiversideRed said:

Any news on who the player was from abroad that we was trying to sign.

martin braitwaite

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Will said:

Didn't he play a big part in both of our goals 🤫

Yes, one from taking a freekick and one from a shot centrally just outside the area.  I don't think either of those had anything to with him playing RWB. Think back to the game and point out all of the positive things he brought to it as a RWB.  There aren't any, he hardly did anything at all there, because he's quite clearly not a RWB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benkovic available again. We were after him in January, but got moukoudi instead. Wouldn't be surprised if we are in for him again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoroJake said:

Benkovic available again. We were after him in January, but got moukoudi instead. Wouldn't be surprised if we are in for him again

Hope so About time we had a rock hard eastern European centre back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Hope so About time we had a rock hard eastern European centre back

He could be tagged as a Croation finally arriving!

We have waited so long to get one of those guys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Sorry but how can you argue that having premiership and guaranteed parachute payments wouldn’t be a good thing? We spent awfully after the last promotion and still got it all back through sales. Having that money would be a god send for this club, now more than ever.
    • and we'd spend about 100 million of that easily on a squad trying to stay in the prem, include wages and theres very little of the money to stay around.  following relegation we'd be almost no better off and most likely stuck in a position of trying to balance the books to avoid economic hardship like the last two times weve been relegated.
    • In hindsight warnock again was an incredible easy and safe option for gibson and one he was always going to take.  I think gibson is poor at finding managers and either deep down he knows this or just plain doesn’t like the process. Warnock is probably the best option simply because any alternative would most likely have been awful. Think about it, if woodgate was likely the only candidate after pulis then who on earth would we have ended up with if he’d said no?
    • Next season looks set to be very entertaining could end up with all 3 North East clubs in championship.  With us set to be targeting top 2 the fans back in most likely higher numbers as we been locked out of it for so long. Should be very enjoyable icing on cake be Warnock securing his 9th promotion and retiring 
    • Gareth Bale, what a player, both brilliant today. 
×
×
  • Create New...