Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

#ISTANDWITHCT 🖕🖕🖕

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

Anthony Vickers has lost the plot since getting axed by the gazette

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

In my opinion this just creates another problem rather than solving the one mentioned in the previous post. If the efl crack down on the boom or bust tactics of the championship, the clubs going up will be far less prepared to take on the big guns in the premier league and 9 times out of 10 will come straight back down again. Add to that the contract clauses scenario and they become far less attractive to play for for new signings as their wages could get cut massively in 12 months time. How do they then compete with established sides?

Any reform has to come from the top down, not the other way around. And while the TV money exists as it does for premier league sides, nothing is changing any time soon.

Promoted sides rarely survive by changing vast amount of players anyway, I think it just puts more faith in football league and existing players rather than doing a Fulham every few years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anthony Vickers has lost the plot since getting axed by the gazette

I'm just so bored now.  I've actually started writing my own weekly newspaper, Anth on Sunday, so keep an eye out for it in the shops 👍

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Ha ha couldn't agree more. The same people who think Dijksteel is now a CB after only 3 decent performances. 

Square pegs in round holes... Absolutely sick of it. We have done it for years

Didn't do us much harm playing Friend or Clayton out of position, plenty of players change positions in their careers

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This Roberts thing is taking a while.  Do you think it's possible that we're trying to sort another deal out as well, before announcing them both?  

I wouldn't give us this much credit.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This Roberts thing is taking a while.  Do you think it's possible that we're trying to sort another deal out as well, before announcing them both?  

don't think there is any rush on the paperwork as long he's here for the next training session.  it's only a loan so we have to the 16th

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

don't think there is any rush on the paperwork as long he's here for the next training session.  it's only a loan so we have to the 16th

Yeah it wasn't so much about hurrying, it's just that the news broke on Saturday didn't it, so you'd assume that it would be further along.  Could just be all of the medical stuff of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah it wasn't so much about hurrying, it's just that the news broke on Saturday didn't it, so you'd assume that it would be further along.  Could just be all of the medical stuff of course.

could be. don't know if Roberts has played any games since he left

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Ha ha couldn't agree more. The same people who think Dijksteel is now a CB after only 3 decent performances. 

Square pegs in round holes... Absolutely sick of it. We have done it for years

Kind of disagree about Dijksteel I mean he was a failing DM before bowyer tried him at rb where he was a revelation for them and a similar thing has happened here. He’s basically playing a hybrid of the 2 roles in the right of a 3 cb role do not in a totally alien position to him.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

mr rogers childhood GIF by Cheezburger

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Didn't do us much harm playing Friend or Clayton out of position, plenty of players change positions in their careers

Friend said a recent interview that he was actually signed as a CB, but got moved to left back either due to injury or a sale, I can't remember which.

55 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Ha ha couldn't agree more. The same people who think Dijksteel is now a CB after only 3 decent performances. 

Square pegs in round holes... Absolutely sick of it. We have done it for years

Dijksteel is a RCB in a 3, he's not a CB in the sense that you'd whack him in a back 4 and be happy with it. He's a CDM that got moved to RB due to his athleticism and has about one full season of experience there too, so it could be argued that he doesn't necessarily have his best position nailed down yet. As mentioned by @LinoJo3 the RCB probably actually suits him because it's the blend of DM and RB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • @SmogDane you don’t seem to have made a prediction for the Bristol city v Forest game 🤷‍♂️
    • A Bristol City v Nottingham Forest D Derby v Luton H QPR v Blackburn H Sheff Utd v Millwall A Stoke v Bournemouth H Fulham v Cardiff H Huddersfield v Birmingham H Hull v Peterborough H Middlesbrough v Barnsley H Preston v Coventry A Swansea v West Brom H Reading v Blackpool
    • It wasn't just a few minutes. I'm pretty sure he got more time than Bahamboula did on the pitch for us didn't he? That was someone who seemed to have the consensus of the fans that he was worth a go for the small fee we had to pay. Paterson didn't look influential, he didn't look fit, he was bang average. 
    • Given Warnock's apparent opinions on fitness and his performances in those friendlies, I'm not at all shocked that we didn't sign him and I'm still relatively glad we didn't. He's not setting the league alight every week just as his team isn't and really, whose place does he take in the team? Watmore? Tav? Hernandez? Jones? I'm not sure I'd swap any of those players with Paterson.  Sounds like he was influential today and scored a cracking goal? Good for him. But he's done that before we had the chance to sign him too, not sure why it would change many opinions on whether we should have brought him in. 
    • So any of those players could have been sat on our bench yesterday but instead we only named six subs, including the non-league player who hasn't looked ready for this level, who gets in for no other reason than Warnock signed him.  No wonder they called themselves Warnock's rejects.   It must be utterly deflating to play for this club unless you're one of the favoured ones.  One of the least professionally run football clubs in the country.

×
×
  • Create New...