oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Friend said a recent interview that he was actually signed as a CB, but got moved to left back either due to injury or a sale, I can't remember which.

Dijksteel is a RCB in a 3, he's not a CB in the sense that you'd whack him in a back 4 and be happy with it. He's a CDM that got moved to RB due to his athleticism and has about one full season of experience there too, so it could be argued that he doesn't necessarily have his best position nailed down yet. As mentioned by @LinoJo3 the RCB probably actually suits him because it's the blend of DM and RB.

"Bielsa has often converted midfielders into versatile defenders, and a prime example of this was the 2010 World Cup. He used Waldo Ponce as a dominant central defender and slotted two quick defensive-minded midfielders either side of him in Gonzalo Jara and Gary Medel."

So, Roberts. Not done yet?

+1? Any rumours?

Not that I think we should be busting a nut to bring in a ton, but all v quiet this evening for transfer deadline day... Are the club just better at keeping it under wraps? Or is our business done?

ITK's... Where you all hiding?

59 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody has actually reported me 😀

First of all, I'm sorry if anybody was offended by me posting this emoji 🖕.  I hadn't realised that an emoji like this 🖕 could really be seen as offensive, because of it's cartoon-like nature.  As a rule, I don't take the emojis that seriously, and when posting this 🖕it's not meant to be taken at face value.  I have a brusque manner on here sometimes but it's mostly just an act, and such things as posting this 🖕 are meant only in a joking way.  Secondly, giving Will the bird is actually allowed under Magna Carta, and if anything it should be encouraged.

And so, in conclusion 🖕🖕🖕

Sorry... I did it as a laugh 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

So, Roberts. Not done yet?

+1? Any rumours?

Not that I think we should be busting a nut to bring in a ton, but all v quiet this evening for transfer deadline day... Are the club just better at keeping it under wraps? Or is our business done?

It's not deadline day for us.

The domestic window doesn't shut till the 16th.

Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

Sorry... I did it as a laugh 😂 

as did the other 256 posters....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

"Bielsa has often converted midfielders into versatile defenders, and a prime example of this was the 2010 World Cup. He used Waldo Ponce as a dominant central defender and slotted two quick defensive-minded midfielders either side of him in Gonzalo Jara and Gary Medel."

Didn't Germany wallop Argentina at that world cup though?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yes you're right.  Argentina won their first 4 games then got beat by Germany, that obviously means the system they played was wrong.  My mistake. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not sure how this impacts on Bielsa's management of Chile at that world cup.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tobermory said:

Yes you're right.  Argentina won their first 4 games then got beat by Germany, that obviously means the system they played was wrong.  My mistake. 

Lol, I wasn't saying that.  I'm just saying they got battered against a good side with that same way of playing.  I doubt it makes any difference to us either way.

Just now, macapes said:

Not sure how this impacts on Bielsa's management of Chile at that world cup.

Wasn't he the Argentina manager then?  In that case Mr Tobermory, it is my mistake sir.  Please disregard my posts above 👍

Could we do a free transfer for Jack Wilshire would proper enhance our midfield