oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

54 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Roberts, Rahman and Benkovic 😜

honestly that would be a ridiculously successful end to the window. Would be very surprised if we pulled off all 3.

Benkovic is injured though and whereever you look it just says "no return date".

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

honestly that would be a ridiculously successful end to the window. Would be very surprised if we pulled off all 3.

Cant see it happening myself

20 hours ago, Brunners said:

This would make sense if someone is interested in Paddy and offer a decent fee

9 minutes ago, SA Red said:

This would make sense if someone is interested in Paddy and offer a decent fee

Would it?

McNair has played entirely at Centre Back this season, and has been one of our best players.

We need a centre back in even if we keep McNair, we'd need 2 if we sold him, not another midfielder.

• Like 2

I'd be furious if we sold Paddy to be honest. Obviously a quality player and has probably been our standout player of the season so far. His versatility will also be extremely valuable during this crazy season.

Would much rather sell Wing who I don't believe is cut out for this level.

• Like 7

If wing does leave and we sign Mowatt I would be happy as it’s an improvement 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'd be furious if we sold Paddy to be honest. Obviously a quality player and has probably been our standout player of the season so far. His versatility will also be extremely valuable during this crazy season.

Would much rather sell Wing who I don't believe is cut out for this level.

I agree with you and I wasn't advocating selling him.

I was just trying (obviously poorly) to make sense of being linked with another central midfielder and that Paddy is one of most saleable assets, so keeping tabs on Mowatt, as an option in case a bid comes in for Paddy.

I'd be surprised if selling Wing would fund buying Mowatt.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SA Red said:

I agree with you and I wasn't advocating selling him.

I was just trying (obviously poorly) to make sense of being linked with another central midfielder and that Paddy is one of most saleable assets, so keeping tabs on Mowatt, as an option in case a bid comes in for Paddy.

I'd be surprised if selling Wing would fund buying Mowatt.

I'd be surprised if anyone bought Wing to be honest

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

I'd be surprised if anyone bought Wing to be honest

Wing has talent - you don't score as many goals from distance as he does without natural skill. Whether anyone can coach the rest of his game up to an acceptable standard is debatable - particularly passing - but Warnock has a better chance than anyone of developing whatever potential he has.

Remember people insisted Traore was a headless chicken, shouldn't be a footballer, was never going to learn at Boro if he hadn't learned at Barcelona, etc. I know Wing isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of raw talent, but he could be a useful impact sub as the opposition tire, and he gives defenders a new threat to worry about in terms of shooting from range, which the rest of our squad is pretty awful at.

I'd like to see Warnock work on Wing's overall play this season and then take stock next year. If we really couldn't sell him even at that point, we could always release him at the end of his contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boronutter said:

spammer

Yes first post and it leads to nothing and posted on lots of threads

13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes first post and it leads to nothing and posted on lots of threads

Have taken the matter in hand, thanks for raising. 🙂

• Like 1