oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Someone like Andy King would probably give us a bit more quality than Wing, although there is obviously the age issue with him turning 32 later this month and I don't think there are any buyers for Wing. Sadly he seems to be suffering a bit and I have trouble seeing him getting into our team or on the bench if we add Roberts and at least one more players. Even Coulson seems to be ahead of him for the number 10 spot and Roberts certainly will be.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then ūüėā).

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Agree there are some decent players on the list but maybe with exception of Mendez-Laing (who seemingly got his own issues going on) there is no one on that list i think would currently be an improvement on what we already got.

That may be true for the first XI we can field (which with Roberts will be as good as any in the league IMO). But I think a number of those players would improve our squad, and in particular our bench, which has looked uninspiring at times.

33 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

That may be true for the first XI we can field (which with Roberts will be as good as any in the league IMO). But I think a number of those players would improve our squad, and in particular our bench, which has looked uninspiring at times.

Our bench will already look stronger by next game with the addition of Fletcher and Roberts to it who both were not in squad. If we can add a new CB on loan then it is strengthened further imo. Hopefully Grant Hall wont be too far off then then either.

Therefore a bench consisting of likes of Hall Coulson Johnson Wing Browne Roberts Fletcher etc does not look too shabby imo. However in opening weeks it has certainly looked weak i agree.

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Great news that the club still haven't confirmed.

I know that but they seem to of leaked this to the gazette aswell. Would be good if it’s a permanent deal to surprise us all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Sorry my bad meant Middlehaven, so has the old Cargo Fleet Station opened now?
    • 01/12/1900¬†- 1st¬†fixture between both clubs, ¬†Boro¬†2 Blackpool 0¬† Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below¬† Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool¬† 10th¬†December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th¬†different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st¬†team game & the 17th¬†in total 7th¬†September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd¬†division fixture, it was James 1st¬†Boro HT our 5th¬†away HT & 39TH¬†in total James became the 16th¬†different Boro player to score a 1st¬†team HT 10TH¬†December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st¬†division fixture,¬†it was¬†Micky Fenton‚Äôs 5th¬†Boro HT,¬†¬†our¬†49th¬†home¬†HT &¬†65TH¬†in total Micky¬†became the¬†23rd¬†different Boro player to score a 1st¬†team HT 25th¬†November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win, ¬†it was¬†Alex‚Äôs 3rd¬†Boro HT our¬†62nd¬†home¬†HT &¬†80TH¬†in total Alex¬†became the¬†29th¬†different Boro player to score a 1st¬†team HT 15th¬†November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st¬†Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st¬†FAC HT v Blackpool It was¬†Bernies¬†1st¬†Boro HT our¬†85th¬†home¬†HT &¬†118TH¬†in total Bernie¬†became the¬†44th¬†different Boro player to score a 1st¬†team HT It was also our 15th¬†FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home¬† ¬† Record of¬†Boro v Blackpool¬† Won¬†22 Drew¬†¬†7 Lost¬†5 Goals scored ‚Äst74 Goals against - ¬†40 ¬† Did you know:-¬† 1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our ¬†2nd¬†division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season¬† One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449 ¬†goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn‚Äôt play a 1st¬†game for them¬† ¬†
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.
    • Teesside Park is over a mile from Riverside..¬† you would need Middlehaven (formerly Cargo Fleet)...¬† Metro just fancy name for local rail services¬†
    • Out of interest is this Tees Valley Metro for real? And if so where is the Teesside Park Station located as it must be very close to The Riverside?