oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Hope he does well.

Probably the best move for him, I don't think he'd be near our first team again any time soon, but we'll have loads of players leaving next summer, unless we extend, so who knows?

22 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Would take mcmanaman off that list

For what purpose? He is likely to play in the same positions as Tav or Roberts and he not better than either of them so I dont know what he would bring.

24 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Would take mcmanaman off that list

Wow really? Hes probably in the bottom 2 or 3 there for me, hes awful.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Wow really? Hes probably in the bottom 2 or 3 there for me, hes awful.

Not one worth bothering with.

If we were made to have one of them I’d probably choose to have Shotton back!!

• Like 2

Watching the England match, Kieffer Moore really is massive, still disappointed he chose Cardiff.

• Like 1

Dykes, Shankland and Moore have all shown very little in the internationals tonight.

I'm sorry Ben Liddell has gone. 

He has been impressive for the junior sides.  I was actually hoping that Warnock would get his hands on him and talk him into making the transition from junior to senior.  We have been notoriously bad at achieving this transition over recent years.  It is definitely time this issue was addressed otherwise we are spending a lot of money pointlessly.

It does not seem to matter how many age group England caps they gain if they do not transition from Junior to senior then there is little point in having an academy.

Having said that I do wish the lad well and I hope that he does "make it" what ever his / our opinion of "making it" may be 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

He has been impressive for the junior sides.  I was actually hoping that Warnock would get his hands on him and talk him into making the transition from junior to senior.  We have been notoriously bad at achieving this transition over recent years.  It is definitely time this issue was addressed otherwise we are spending a lot of money pointlessly.

It does not seem to matter how many age group England caps they gain if they do not transition from Junior to senior then there is little point in having an academy.

Having said that I do wish the lad well and I hope that he does "make it" what ever his / our opinion of "making it" may be 

I understand were your coming from but its not just down to the club and managers. Its more down to the players imo. Its not like we dont gove olayers a chance in the 1st team. Look at our squad now. Pears. Fry. Wood. Coulson. Spence. Wing. Tavernier. And there has been plenty before them and they will be plenty after. Hes 22. A few i have mentioned are younger than him and they have took there chance. Sometimes players arnt good enough. And i think thats the case with Liddle. I hope im wrong but i cant see him playing much for bristol rovers and i cant see him playing at this level ever again. He went on loan last season to scunthorpe. Started the 1st game. Got dragged at half time and never featured again. Good luck to the lad but as a percentage i dont think boro make many mistakes when releasing youngsters 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I kinda agree we haven't been very good with producing central midfielder's particularly. As we had Bryn Morris he was the captain for England in many age groups. Never got anywhere is at Pompey now though I guess.