oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Roberts has taken the no.19 shirt as he did last year for anyone who keeps an interest in squad numbers.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Roberts has taken the no.19 shirt as he did last year for anyone who keeps an interest in squad numbers.

The number of Stewart Downing 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I think the pic of him holding the shirt was taken last week. 

He's wearing the same hoodie as the picture of him getting out of his car, from last week

Well if we are paying most of his wages, a weeks delay in a not insignificant saving. I do wonder whether that is one reason most of the loans from Premier League seem to be waiting to the last minute. I know a lot of transfers do get done on deadline day, but these potential loans are a bit different - it’s as much about getting the right experience for the loanees and playing time and its not as though the PL clubs are waiting to finalize their signings before deciding  who to loan out.

6 hours ago, liambell42 said:

I like to think the word allegedly is the key word 

Not really, I was more concerned about the intent from the club rather than the belief in its truth

Absolutely delighted that he has re-signed. It was the bit of business that I wanted us to do most this transfer window. Fingers crossed he can keep himself fit. If he does, I think he’ll be a big player for us this season!

57 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Well if we are paying most of his wages, a weeks delay in a not insignificant saving. I do wonder whether that is one reason most of the loans from Premier League seem to be waiting to the last minute. I know a lot of transfers do get done on deadline day, but these potential loans are a bit different - it’s as much about getting the right experience for the loanees and playing time and its not as though the PL clubs are waiting to finalize their signings before deciding  who to loan out.

always up for saving a weeks wages.

It could well be, will be interesting to see the movements in the last 3 days. There's a lot more players looking for moves and clubs than usual this year. 

I'm well excited for the season now Roberts is confirmed. Neil Warnock is taking us to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

I'm well excited for the season now Roberts is confirmed. Neil Warnock is taking us to the playoffs.

Warnock never seems to be that excited about Roberts, I’d put money on him not starting at least the first couple of games.

3 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

I think the pic of him holding the shirt was taken last week. 

He's wearing the same hoodie as the picture of him getting out of his car, from last week

He’s been training with us since early last week. I have no idea what the hold up in the announcement has been but he has been around for a bit now so should be good to go for Saturday.

I wonder if we’ll see us revert to 4-3-3 ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

He’s been training with us since early last week. I have no idea what the hold up in the announcement has been but he has been around for a bit now so should be good to go for Saturday.

I wonder if we’ll see us revert to 4-3-3 ?

Warnock already said he sees Roberts as 1 of the 3 man central midfield in a 3.5.2 so you wont see us change formation u don't think. Might look like a 3.4.1.2 with Roberts in the hole but think either way wing back system will remain.

11 hours ago, Weasel said:

Lets not get too carried away Ferret...Its a bit early yet 

• Confused 1