oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

He'd be a huge upgrade, but I don't think his attitude would be right.

Seems an angry guy at the best of times, I expect he'd resent playing in the Championship. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Seems an angry guy at the best of times, I expect he'd resent playing in the Championship. 

he just needs a manager that loves him and gives him game time. 🙂

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Do you mean when he spoke out about racism or when he talked about his mental health? Because not wanting a player because of either of those factors is not a good look.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Do you mean when he spoke out about racism or when he talked about his mental health? Because not wanting a player because of either of those factors is not a good look.

tbf I think he was reffering to the scene with Jose, in the Amazon documentary.

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

What’s wrong with his attitude?

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I mean when he did not react well to not starting games, despite admitting himself that he didn't play well, and that's when at a top club. After it being made clear he wouldn't be starting  games, he then only moved to Newcastle because no foreign moves materialised, but he was visibly reluctant to go there.

I think he'd see the Championship as beneath him.

But that's just going off a documentary, there may be more behind the scenes.

Edited by TeaCider24

Mentioned Rose a few days ago as the best LB available, would love him here, pace, can defend, effective at the sharp end and loads of experience. What's not to like.

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Mentioned Rose a few days ago as the best LB available, would love him here, pace, can defend, effective at the sharp end and loads of experience. What's not to like.

and he's from Yorkshire

Just now, Smogzilla said:

Surely he's a bit above our pay grade!?

I'd love him here like. 

I think Tottenham will take whatever % of wages, he's unlikely to get a  game there

Head and shoulders above any player we've got here so it looks a great move on paper. I'd imagine there'll be better offers for him though. 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

and he's from Yorkshire

I believe he still has a house in the north east from his Sunderland days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Head and shoulders above any player we've got here so it looks a great move on paper. I'd imagine there'll be better offers for him though. 

A Warnock BBQ will seal the deal