oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

That's it, whoever comes in will be 4th choice, and will be on wages that reflect that. A very limited amount of PL loan strikers, or a few older ones who won't play at their current clubs are realistically the only players that will fit that bill. Lee Gregory is pretty underwhelming, but looking logically he's the exact type of player that you'd expect us to go after, particularly as I assume we've exhausted plenty of other options.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's it, whoever comes in will be 4th choice, and will be on wages that reflect that. A very limited amount of PL loan strikers, or a few older ones who won't play at their current clubs are realistically the only players that will fit that bill. Lee Gregory is pretty underwhelming, but looking logically he's the exact type of player that you'd expect us to go after, particularly as I assume we've exhausted plenty of other options.

Yeah I find it mad that people think we would get a loan in who would play over your captain, last seasons top scorer and a player youve spent a couple of mill on. The addition will be a different type of player to what we have and allow us to play in a different way, its not going to be a world beater

It appears that Marcus Browne is staying at Boro according to Karl Robinson at Oxford so I don't think we need another Striker. We already have Chuba and Britt and Browne needs an opportunity at some point. His Bournemouth cameo was enough to suggest that he knows where the net is. He is far more flexible than a Gregory or heaven forbid another lead weight like Gestede so I'd argue that a fourth Striker is a totally unnecessary extravagance especially as Fletcher will be back at some point albeit probably late November.

We need strengthening in other areas like at CB and LB and I'd rather our direction and energy went into getting those two over the line.

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

If we get anymore players in, I am happy.. But I doubt it.. 

Hall, Bettinelli, Morsy, Akpom and Roberts.. 

It's actually quite ok, but we need more, cause winter is coming! 

Don't get your hopes up...I don't see us signing Jon Snow... 😉

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Glad Browne is staying, just hope he gets more game time off the bench if he's not starting. 

Mentioned it before with games coming up thick and fast most of the squad will get plenty of game time.

Like you am pleased he is stayingand hopefully he feels as if he does belong

9 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Wonder if we might go back in for sanogo on a short term deal, unless he's signed for someone else like

I don't think so, mate. If he failed a medical and we weren't convinced he was gonna be ready for it right now, it feels a bit pointless doing a short term deal for us. We'd just be paying for his recovery.

9 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Boro still keen on Ryan Yates from Forest, and told that Lewis Wing could be leaving on loan. Don't know anymore.

on a football fan thingy of facebook someone started a post saying what player got the most stick at ur club. while browsing through it a forest fan commented: Ryan Yates because he's fuc king sh it.

• Haha 1