oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro are keen on a move for Stoke City striker Lee Gregory, according to TeamTalk.

He awful like 

That's it, whoever comes in will be 4th choice, and will be on wages that reflect that. A very limited amount of PL loan strikers, or a few older ones who won't play at their current clubs are realistically the only players that will fit that bill. Lee Gregory is pretty underwhelming, but looking logically he's the exact type of player that you'd expect us to go after, particularly as I assume we've exhausted plenty of other options.

• Like 1

I think it is important to note that the rumour came from teamtalk which means that lee Gregory is definitely not coming here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's it, whoever comes in will be 4th choice, and will be on wages that reflect that. A very limited amount of PL loan strikers, or a few older ones who won't play at their current clubs are realistically the only players that will fit that bill. Lee Gregory is pretty underwhelming, but looking logically he's the exact type of player that you'd expect us to go after, particularly as I assume we've exhausted plenty of other options.

Yeah I find it mad that people think we would get a loan in who would play over your captain, last seasons top scorer and a player youve spent a couple of mill on. The addition will be a different type of player to what we have and allow us to play in a different way, its not going to be a world beater

It appears that Marcus Browne is staying at Boro according to Karl Robinson at Oxford so I don't think we need another Striker. We already have Chuba and Britt and Browne needs an opportunity at some point. His Bournemouth cameo was enough to suggest that he knows where the net is. He is far more flexible than a Gregory or heaven forbid another lead weight like Gestede so I'd argue that a fourth Striker is a totally unnecessary extravagance especially as Fletcher will be back at some point albeit probably late November.

We need strengthening in other areas like at CB and LB and I'd rather our direction and energy went into getting those two over the line.

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

If we get anymore players in, I am happy.. But I doubt it.. 

Hall, Bettinelli, Morsy, Akpom and Roberts.. 

It's actually quite ok, but we need more, cause winter is coming! 

Don't get your hopes up...I don't see us signing Jon Snow... 😉

• Haha 1

Glad Browne is staying, just hope he gets more game time off the bench if he's not starting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Glad Browne is staying, just hope he gets more game time off the bench if he's not starting. 

Mentioned it before with games coming up thick and fast most of the squad will get plenty of game time.

Like you am pleased he is stayingand hopefully he feels as if he does belong

Wonder if we might go back in for sanogo on a short term deal, unless he's signed for someone else like

9 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Wonder if we might go back in for sanogo on a short term deal, unless he's signed for someone else like

I don't think so, mate. If he failed a medical and we weren't convinced he was gonna be ready for it right now, it feels a bit pointless doing a short term deal for us. We'd just be paying for his recovery.

Wednesday apparently after Jack Marriott on loan. Would anyone take him as a 4th choice forward? 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wednesday apparently after Jack Marriott on loan. Would anyone take him as a 4th choice forward? 

I doubt he would be happy being 4th choice