oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

9 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Boro still keen on Ryan Yates from Forest, and told that Lewis Wing could be leaving on loan. Don't know anymore.

on a football fan thingy of facebook someone started a post saying what player got the most stick at ur club. while browsing through it a forest fan commented: Ryan Yates because he's fuc king sh it.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Boro still keen on Ryan Yates from Forest, and told that Lewis Wing could be leaving on loan. Don't know anymore.

Isn't he a cm 😭

Edited by scotty189

5 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

Graeme bailey article I’m guessing when was the last one he got right 😂😂

He's usually right.. He had us getting Roberts back 2-3 weeks ago, said Warnock had agreed to stay well before Gibson leaked it on the news, was on the money about Woodgate, etc etc

• Like 1

another CM?!

I'm glad Browne is staying, but only in the sense we have about 2 attacking midfielders at the club, so it makes sense to keep him around.

Think Marriott or any Derby player a non-starter given current relations between the two clubs.

Lee Gregory I would take on a short loan He not a fashionable name and is 32. But he a nuisance in his style of play and he could be a good foil for Britt or Akpom. And he would be within our budget. 

1 hour ago, uncle_rico said:

Had heard at the weekend Blackburn interested in him and Pears.

9 minutes ago, redtom said:

Had heard at the weekend Blackburn interested in him and Pears.

Armstrong or dack swap deal 😁

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And that is everything?  Permanents and loans?

Correct (apart from free agents, obviously)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Merson, Gazza, Maradona and Best had their demons but were brilliant players. Jones is immature and has little natural talent to compensate for his indiscretions. Not much correlation between him and the others, IMO, and very little reason for us to spend money we don't appear to have on him.
    • He was banned from driving after a dangerous piece of driving around Glasgow which showed his decision making isn't particularly clever not to mention being irresponsible and selfish with scant regard to others. Thankfully he didn't kill anyone like others in the profession before him have. It's sad that the likes of Merson, Gazza, Maradona and Best etc. all had their demons but were still able to perform and function, the majority crash and burn, destroying their careers in the process.
    • Until we realise whatever another club is prepared to pay for them we can only estimate what we think their value is worth. McNair wasn't cheap and until this season he looked just about OK for the money we spent. We spent a million pounds Goalkeeper now out on loan replacing him with a nomad in footballing terms (Stoj is still on the books but not in the squad). Then there was the ridiculous fee paid for Saville (not his fault nor Britt's come to that). If you think that the squad isn't decreasing in value then you are entitled to your opinion but I only see a downwards trend. The sale of Bamford probably was the defining reality from which we haven't altered direction then we have Randolph's replacement who wasn't to the same monetary value (or ability). Without doubt we have some good prospects but that doesn't alter that we are now trying to buy cheap and sell high as oppose to years of buying high and selling low. I haven't a problem with following that business model, it's how we existed for decades before SG arrived, selling the likes of Souness, Mills, Johnson and later on Pallister etc. but to me the value trend of our squad is a diminishing one.
    • He was banned for 7 matches after attending a party, he's not even made the bench since. Before that he'd finally got back in to the side and scored. He's burned his bridges, but it's not just down to ability. Funny thing is, dozens of players have done the same thing in the top flight in England and gotten away with it without punishment.
    • I don't think Jones has the ability at this level so I wouldn't want to bring him back. Then the off field issues that led to him leaving Boro in the first place don't seem to have improved any at Rangers. We have had some of the best from the Old Firm that seriously struggled down here before in the Championship. That he can't even force his way into Gerrard's thinking tells me where his future level is.