oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

If there is anything wrong with him the medical staff will find it, remember Subotic

On the other hand we signed Fischer and if I remember correctly his muscles were held together by Gorilla glue.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Didn't our medical team stop us signing Lindelof, who now plies his trade at Man Utd? Or have I mis-remembered that?

No Lindelof deal broke down as I think between us agreeing a loan deal and move happening he broke in to their team.

I am happy with Grant Hall signing IF we sign a top end championshop defender to go with him.

If its Gibson Fry Hall and Friend as our CB options then am happy with that as our CBs.

Britt Martin and Fletch as striker and that is strikers sorted.

Let me know whats next. I will sort the entire squad out before day is over. This rebuild is easy work.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am happy with Grant Hall signing IF we sign a top end championshop defender to go with him.

If its Gibson Fry Hall and Friend as our CB options then am happy with that as our CBs.

Britt Martin and Fletch as striker and that is strikers sorted.

Let me know whats next. I will sort the entire squad out before day is over. This rebuild is easy work.

highly unlikely IMO that we have the money for any top end players this summer, I hope we can get Gibson on loan or something but if a prem club comes for him im sure he'll go there. A top championship defender is gonna be 6/7 mil easy, besides Gibson, we just dont have that sort of money. 
Realistically, i think were gonna spend this window plugging the gaps with free signings i.e windass and hall and then signed lower league players like Goode on the cheap with the hope one or two of them come good. 

• Like 1

£15k-£20k per week on the 'natural leader' of the third worst defence in the league who gets injured quite a lot.  Sounds like a bargain to me 👍

I'm glad we're sorting out our player recruitment now 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

£15k-£20k per week on the 'natural leader' of the third worst defence in the league who gets injured quite a lot.  Sounds like a bargain to me 👍

He doesn't get injured "quite a lot" he had one BIG injury and otherwise he's been relatively healthy.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

But he can point at people and shout!

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I’m glad you’re not judging a player solely on a persons text to his mate

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Genuine question - not trying to have a dig, just genuinely curious.

Who was the last player we signed that you were genuinely happy about? Has there ever been one?

• Like 1

Hall missed most of his games in 17/18 with two knee operations but has been reasonably injury free I think since then. That one major injury aside he seems to be less liable to repetitive injury ice packs than Ayala and unlike Gibson has played some football in the last two years. 

I'm more concerned about the Jordan Jones rumour which I hope is just lazy journalism. The lad needed to move away and is now getting back to fitness after being seriously crocked which doesn't augur well. Maybe a stint at Blackburn with Teesside connections may help him mature and regain fitness to get his career back on track but its one I would avoid.

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Genuine question - not trying to have a dig, just genuinely curious.

Who was the last player we signed that you were genuinely happy about? Has there ever been one?

CT's been consistent on this for years since the Mowbray era he's been ruthless on incoming players, can't say he's been wrong too many times we've had some shocking recruitment. I think he was in favour of the Mccormack chase all those years ago and maybe when we signed Adomah he thought it was a good signing my memory is fuzzy recent years I don't remember too many kind words for new signings.

That deadline day we were all trying to be positive about Kai Kamara he was just ripping into our recruitment and that was what 7 years ago he's been very consistent on this.

I mean he's not turned out wrong on alot of our recruitment over the years looking back lets hope when we look back here Hall proves him wrong.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)