oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Honest Crazy’ deadline day book:

1 in  -  7/4

2 in  -  9/2

3 in  -  20/1

4 in  -  100/1

200/1 bar

Before coming into the last day, I wasn't expecting us to do much business. But if (big if) we can get Rahman, Bolasie and 4th choice striker in today that would be (on paper) a good end to a fairly successful window for me.

Still think we need a centre back. But if rumours of a free agent are true, we can worry about that after today.

I’m not all that fussed on rahman. He’s played 19 games in the last three seasons. Also talked to my brother who is a Chelsea fan. He reckons rahman is probably done as a footballer on any decent level due to the amount of injuries he has. He’s basically never up to speed. 

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I’m not all that fussed on rahman. He’s played 19 games in the last three seasons. Also talked to my brother who is a Chelsea fan. He reckons rahman is probably done as a footballer on any decent level due to the amount of injuries he has. He’s basically never up to speed. 

Ayala has gone so somebody needs to keep the medical team busy 

Just now, BoroJake said:

Ayala has gone so somebody needs to keep the medical team busy 

+Gestede

3 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Borini to swansea, hasn't he played for them about 6 times

Once for 9 games In 2011... 

Expecting at least one in today but is hoping to add a striker too. If not, he'll get a couple of free agents in and one of them will be a striker next week.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Do you ever actually have anything to contribute other than laughing at people or calling them names? 44 posts on this forum and the most substantial comment you've made is asking if we were after Marcus Maddison one transfer window. 90% of your comments are pretty much the same as this one. I think @TLF10 is being generous saying he respects you as a poster, to be honest.
    • Merson, Gazza, Maradona and Best had their demons but were brilliant players. Jones is immature and has little natural talent to compensate for his indiscretions. Not much correlation between him and the others, IMO, and very little reason for us to spend money we don't appear to have on him.
    • He was banned from driving after a dangerous piece of driving around Glasgow which showed his decision making isn't particularly clever not to mention being irresponsible and selfish with scant regard to others. Thankfully he didn't kill anyone like others in the profession before him have. It's sad that the likes of Merson, Gazza, Maradona and Best etc. all had their demons but were still able to perform and function, the majority crash and burn, destroying their careers in the process.
    • Until we realise whatever another club is prepared to pay for them we can only estimate what we think their value is worth. McNair wasn't cheap and until this season he looked just about OK for the money we spent. We spent a million pounds Goalkeeper now out on loan replacing him with a nomad in footballing terms (Stoj is still on the books but not in the squad). Then there was the ridiculous fee paid for Saville (not his fault nor Britt's come to that). If you think that the squad isn't decreasing in value then you are entitled to your opinion but I only see a downwards trend. The sale of Bamford probably was the defining reality from which we haven't altered direction then we have Randolph's replacement who wasn't to the same monetary value (or ability). Without doubt we have some good prospects but that doesn't alter that we are now trying to buy cheap and sell high as oppose to years of buying high and selling low. I haven't a problem with following that business model, it's how we existed for decades before SG arrived, selling the likes of Souness, Mills, Johnson and later on Pallister etc. but to me the value trend of our squad is a diminishing one.
    • He was banned for 7 matches after attending a party, he's not even made the bench since. Before that he'd finally got back in to the side and scored. He's burned his bridges, but it's not just down to ability. Funny thing is, dozens of players have done the same thing in the top flight in England and gotten away with it without punishment.