oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He hit 18 goals in League 1 and then 17 goals in League 1 the season after, getting Millwall promoted. At that point he dropped down to 10 in 17/18 and 12 in 18/19, which are perfectly acceptable figures, when you add his 11 assists across the two seasons as well. 

Talking solely league games for Stoke, he has scored only 7 in 42, but he's only played 2,239 minutes across those 42 games, which is an average of about 53 minutes a game. Again add in his 3 assists and he's contributing to a goal more than once every 3 games if my maths is correct (one ever 223.9 minutes), which is right around his Millwall average in the Championship. 

Christ sake, he went a spell of 15 games where he never cracked more than 34 minutes on the pitch, and he only cracked the 20 minute mark 3 times. The last 5 games where he's started and played 70+ minutes? 3 goals in 5 games.

Lets agree to disagree, you clearly have a much higher opinion of him than I do.

I can’t understand why this deal wouldn’t go through to be honest. Parent club have no use at all and want him moved on, player wants the move. Surely someone covering 20% of his wage and him playing is better than nothing at all 

1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

You just have to laugh 

I would but its more frightening than laughable in that he would be in the top wage earners at the Club. If he is still on Merseyside he may have just been used as a shield to get someone else in under the radar. 

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Lets agree to disagree, you clearly have a much higher opinion of him than I do.

I don't have that high an opinion of him, you're just basing your opinion on a load of rubbish.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I don't have that high an opinion of him, you're just basing your opinion on a load of rubbish.

That's fair enough then, not much point in discussing him any further if its becoming emotive.

• Confused 1

Warnock said this morning that Bolasie would be touch and go, and that if it was going to be done, it would be done late. It wasn't as though he was ever nailed on to be coming. 

I must admit I thought we’d at least get one in but doesn’t even look like that will be happening now. 

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Warnock said this morning that Bolasie would be touch and go, and that if it was going to be done, it would be done late. It wasn't as though he was ever nailed on to be coming. 

If the deal is agreed by 5.00pm there is until 7.00pm tonight for the Paperwork to be submitted so we may not hear anything until then.

1 hour ago, Poly said:

How is Akpom getting on in Quarantine after travelling to Portugal for a champions league game he played in Greece?

Well done mate. You got me 👍🏻 Was told quarantine but was isolating waiting for a test result to come back before announcement. Wrong term from my mate.  Apologies though - I accept that it’s not on to get stuff wrong on football message board transfer rumour threads.

People need to stop buying into transfer deadline day so much, deadline day is nothing more than your gamble to win your money back on the last race of the day

You're mad if you think there are any guarantees

• Like 1