oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Osvaldojnr said:

Enjoy your free pint 😂

I hope he sends it over to me in Ireland

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I hope he sends it over to me in Ireland

It’ll be fine, we don’t have an issue getting things out!

• Like 1

I have a question to ask. Now NW knows he will not be supported in his effort to stabilize the club does anyone think he may leave due to suspected bad health. Possibly COVID has taken a heavy toll on my health and ability and regretfully with a heavy heart I leave a project unfinished. SG is a lovely man with a difficult job during exceptional uncertainty. 
SG. We wish NW well and thank him for his dedication and sincerity. 

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered witnessing what has transpired over the past month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have a question to ask. Now NW knows he will not be supported in his effort to stabilize the club does anyone think he may leave due to suspected bad health. Possibly COVID has taken a heavy toll on my health and ability and regretfully with a heavy heart I leave a project unfinished. SG is a lovely man with a difficult job during exceptional uncertainty. 

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered witnessing what has transpired over the past month. 

No.

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I feel for the guy because I think NW is a genuine person with real intent but man he must be shattered watching what has transpired over the past month. 

NW has little to prove and if he feels it's beyond him then I think he'll jack it sooner rather than later. As you say, he's had Covid very recently and now knows he has very little to work with as far as squad goes. I certainly wouldn't blame him for wanting to retire and have a quiet life. There's a massive difference in being flown in to keep a team from relegation a few weeks before the end of the season to planning a long term promotion push.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Think he ended up at Cardiff? Might be wrong 

Looks like he ended up remaining at Leicester. 

I do feel very confident that Forest won't get promoted, even with Chris Hughton, so I may put money on that to cheer me up.

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Just don't trust the club anymore me like. They delibertly lie 

They’ve been lying through the Evening Gibson for years. It’s hardly something new. It’s just one man at the top who decides the club strategy from a new point every morning he wakes up. The rest of the club and local media are mere puppets. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

I wish this had gone that way and Bolasie exposing the club as liars for the sceptics to finally see

What do you think would be gained by that? It's hardly going to cause a fan revolution

I doubt very much that Bausor acts autonomously when even the local paper and its journalists couldn't. After all these years there is a reason why he still exists, either he is very good at the job or he is simply a walking flak jacket.

If the version of events as posted on here are correct then words fail me, shameful doesn't even begin to describe it. Sadly I'm more inclined to believe Raf than the Official Club version when or if it ever comes out. Where that leaves NW if it is the truth is open to speculation, if it were me I know what I would do so I forlornly hope that Raf is somehow mistaken and misinformed. 

bolasie has been *** for years. i personally am glada merc like him isnt coming.

1 hour ago, uncle_rico said:

Get the impression the club told the local media (Gazette and Echo) that a deal for Bolasie was never close. They weren’t banking on him putting something out on Twitter.

I don’t imagine we’ll hear anything from Gibson about another failed transfer window, he has after all spoken to the press twice already this week about how he thinks the billionaire owners of the “big 6” are the saviours of English football...

Was it a failed transfer window? It was hard work, we could have done with a few more in an ideal world to have a balanced squad but I wouldn't count Bettinelli, Hall, Morsy, Roberts and Akpom as a failure.

In comparison to our usual windows it was better than average

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bolasie has been *** for years. i personally am glada merc like him isnt coming.

It's not him though really it's the fact we should of could of signed Woodrow, Rahman, benkovic if these came I wouldn't mind losing Bolasie