Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

hey guys, been away all day, whats happened with the yannic deal? iv seen on his twitter that it was signed and sent on his end, did we just pull out last minute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

 

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, why is Gibson still bothering? Bausor gets all the abuse but he is not the one pulling deals, if he is no longer interested he needs to sell up

I wish we had the set up to look at fan ownership but it doesn't seem likely

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

 

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

The Woodrow situation could be that he was more of a backup for Akpom who they then managed to get a deal with, I remember Warnock saying it was a deal they didn't think was going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The Woodrow situation could be that he was more of a backup for Akpom who they then managed to get a deal with, I remember Warnock saying it was a deal they didn't think was going to happen.

Potentially, I know id far rather than akpom so thats not such a  bad thing in my view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

While I dont doubt rafs sources there are a few holes in the theory. If everything was signed and sealed like the information suggests then why would bolasie come out and say that the club did everything they could? Doesnt really have much to gain by staying silent if we messed him about. And the woodrow thing doesn't make a lot of sense either since I'm not sure its ever been reported in the media, just on here? Could be wrong there though.

 

Anyway, the point isn't to dismiss what raf said as there's clearly something very wrong at the club and has been for years through various mismanagement and poor decisions, just that we can't be 100% sure just how much of this was under our control. Im interested in what warnock says about it.

Raf said the paperwork wasn't sent off in time, didn't he?  Bolasie wouldn't necessarily know why things weren't completed, just that they weren't completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Raf said the paperwork wasn't sent off in time, didn't he?  Bolasie wouldn't necessarily know why things weren't completed, just that they weren't completed.

Yeah thats kind of what I mean - if as far as he was concerned everything was done, he would have been asking questions as to why it didn't go through. He'd have asked those questions of his parent club who would have nothing to gain by defending our role in the transfer. So it must be more complicated than us just pulling out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah thats kind of what I mean - if as far as he was concerned everything was done, he would have been asking questions as to why it didn't go through. He'd have asked those questions of his parent club who would have nothing to gain by defending our role in the transfer. So it must be more complicated than us just pulling out.

Surely if it was a case that Gibson and Bausor just pulled the plug without any reasoning and simply to deceive the fans, then Warnock will leave. I can't see how it would end any other way if he was blatantly being deceived as Raf's source suggets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Surely if it was a case that Gibson and Bausor just pulled the plug without any reasoning and simply to deceive the fans, then Warnock will leave. I can't see how it would end any other way if he was blatantly being deceived as Raf's source suggets 

Well there is the other option that warnock was complicit in it. 

But the thing is with these situations, no one will every know the exact going ons apart from those directly involved. Its why I read the itk reports with interest but know that its only ever snippets and from one angle - there's no point making full judgements based on what we hear because there are always other considerations that aren't clear.

Like I said though, there's clearly something very wrong at the club and there has been  for a long time. Its just very difficult to pinpoint what it is without knowing everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Wanted to show the fans we made an effort. Same old rubbish. 4 players we let down today 2 found a club in the end and 2 didn’t.  Woodrow 3 weeks ago all but a boro player we pulled the plug. Shambles wouldn’t like to be bauser when warnock finds him

Why not just make derisory bids if we want to look like we’re ‘making an effort’? Why go through the trouble of travelling and discussing, writing up contracts etc if we’re not ever intending to send them off?

Wtf actually happens at this club? I’m totally sick of these patronising incompetent nobs who are now actually ruining this club. Telling us we can’t sign players because of traffic jams and wives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock must wonder what on Earth he has walked into. Bausor gets the blame but surely he’s following Gibson’s orders. Didn’t same happen to Woodgate last season with some loan signings? 

This, everyone is pointing at bausor. Yet he is employed By and under The instruction of someone else... He is still at the club and that only tells us one thing, that he is doing a good job in the eyes of his employer, I.e doing exactly what is asked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Just don't trust the club anymore me like. They delibertly lie 

Same, I stopped getting ‘excited’ about this club or any of the propaganda they push out after ‘that’ Summer of Pulis. It’s all lies, all of it that any of them say. The club can go fcuck themselves for all I care, I hope warnock sacks them off aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gibson has been a controlling foolish freak for a long time now. Almost feels like he doesn't want promotion.

We need something different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Gibson has been a controlling foolish freak for a long time now. Almost feels like he doesn't want promotion.

We need something different.

It’s an ego trip for him now, the fancy meetings with the premiership big boys, interviews with the guardian. Going purely on what we see from outside then MFC is no longer a priority for him.

Before any of the ‘hurrr durrrr you just want someone to throw money around’ brigade starts, no. If warnock would have said after Roberts signed that we were done, maybe we will look at some free agents NOBODY would have been that bothered and probably seen this as a half decent window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is if we by some miracle get promotion will Gibson actually spend and recruite to keep us up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Got to be putting derby to the sword like teams were doing to us last season. Although at least our ex-pro manager last season had done some of his management badges. Sounds like Rooney just has his 1.5 GCSEs (PE and the first half of legal studies - I hear he's helping his wife out). I dont believe you can be an effective manager these days from on the pitch, especially when you're thick as a plank.    It's a shame we won't have fans in the Riverside, I imagine some of the chants aimed at Rooney would have been amusing. 
    • Bamford Harrison Braithwaite adama  This was a genuine option 2 years ago. 2 years!
    • A single goal by Huddersfield would have doubled my bankroll, but I'll take the 15,86 £ plus 😛 Bankroll is now 216,33 £  
    • Here we go as these Championship games are coming thick & fast & we can put our latest, unfortunate defeat behind us, move on & put another unbeaten run together, Neil Warnock wont let any of the player feel sorry for themselves after Saturdays defeat   And what better way to respond than to have a consecutive home game, they maybe struggling at the foot of the table but if we treat them with anything but respect they’ll turn us over   We’ve had some cracking games with Derby over the years at home, beating them 6-1, 5-1 even reaching our 1st ever FAC SF after winning at the baseball ground but its league points we’re after to achieve our goal of forcing our way in to the playoffs   Our 1st meeting between both teams on Teesside was back in 1903, our last season & penultimate game at Linthorpe road when the mighty Boro won 3-1, which included the final penalty taken on that ground   Since then we’ve met 147 times in total, Boro winning 64, drawing 34 & losing 50   Did you know we have scored 3 hattrick against Derby County George Camsell in 1929 John O’Rourke in 1967 Ravanelli in 1997   Represented  for both teams   Sir Bruce Rioch Colin Todd Ohhhhh Ravanelli Mikkel Beck Malcolm Christie who scored the only goal & very, very late goal at home to Brighton to start our carling cup run Chris Riggott David Nugent Ryan Shotton Ohhhhh Ravanelli Cyrus Christie Benito Carbone
    • You say that mate but he has perfectly good winger in Roberts sitting on the bench while he plays a young right back there. If he is expecting the likes of Bolasie and Grosicki to do the hard graft that I'm assuming he doesn't play Roberts for then I think he'll be in for a shock. 
×
×
  • Create New...