oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If Paddy can play as CB then surely Wood can learn to play CF. He just needs to nod it down for the diddymen to follow up on. 
would be like Wilko and Hendry. 

46 minutes ago, TheJew said:

People thought Pukki was crap 

He was. His surge in form came from nowhere. 99/100 a player looking like him in the Danish league will never succeed in the Championship let alone the Prem. He was average at best in Denmark.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Borodane said:

He was. His surge in form came from nowhere. 99/100 a player looking like him in the Danish league will never succeed in the Championship let alone the Prem. He was average at best in Denmark.

Didn't he have nearly a goal in every 2 games record at Brondby? Stepped up well in the championship round too from what I saw

Average at best seems a little harsh

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Didn't he have nearly a goal in every 2 games record at Brondby? Stepped up well in the championship round too from what I saw

Average at best seems a little harsh

He was average though. I don’t think anyone watching danish football thought he would be a real succes. Quite a lot of Brondby fans were even bothered that he moved on. 

whilst it's quiet on the transfer front

In his match preview video NW mentioned he could see 6 or 7 young lads who could be playing in the first team in the next 2 years.

who are they?

Wood, Folarin?

Brynn?

Walker? or more U23's? 

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

In his match preview video NW mentioned he could see 6 or 7 young lads who could be playing in the first team in the next 2 years.

who are they?

Wood, Folarin?

Brynn?

Walker? or more U23's? 

For what it's worth our u23s and u18 sides are doing class in their games so hopefully we have some prodigys in development 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

who are they?

Wood, Folarin?

Brynn?

Walker? or more U23's? 

Wood, Folarin, Brynn for sure.

If I had to guess others...maybe Isaac Fletcher, Daniel Dodds, Isaiah Jones? They all seem to be doing well for the U23s this season.

Hayden Hackney?

Callum Kavanagh?

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wood, Folarin, Brynn for sure.

If I had to guess others...maybe Isaac Fletcher, Daniel Dodds, Isaiah Jones? They all seem to be doing well for the U23s this season.

Hayden Hackney?

Callum Kavanagh?

What about Burrell?

22 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

For what it's worth our u23s and u18 sides are doing class in their games so hopefully we have some prodigys in development 

yeah, we've got to get the good ones out on loan early

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

What about Burrell?

yeah forgot about him; I've been wondering about him. He seems to bang them in for the U23s and we do need strikers..

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

yeah forgot about him; I've been wondering about him. He seems to bang them in for the U23s and we do need strikers..

and where has Tyrone O'Niel gone?

On 10/23/2020 at 5:49 AM, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

He's a spud Niasse and as @Changing Times alluded to yesterday what's tje point in signing a player and wasting money on someone if they won't improve us. 

depends what you class as improving us, i would argue hes better than what we have currently in reserve giving us more options, therefore improving. strength in depth is quality that we dont currently have.

11 minutes ago, tmcc said:

depends what you class as improving us, i would argue hes better than what we have currently in reserve giving us more options, therefore improving. strength in depth is quality that we dont currently have.

We’d be better off saving the cash and seeing where we are in January I’d have thought. 

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We’d be better off saving the cash and seeing where we are in January I’d have thought. 

not when 2 of our 3 strikers are out till janruary. guess the question is if akpom is is injured, would you rather has a youth player leading the line or free transfer striker.